Bichette's First Triple, Pentecost's First HR Not Enough in Fisher Cats Loss
Manchester, NH - Bo Bichette roped his first Double-A triple and Max Pentecost hit his first Double-A home run, but the Fisher Cats fell 8-5 to Hartford in the team's home opener on Friday at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
New Hampshire (6-2) erased an early 3-0 deficit in a matter of moments, starting with a Pentecost solo homer in the bottom of the second. Bichette laced an RBI triple to the right center field wall in the third inning, and scored on a single from Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to tie the game at 3-3.
The Yard Goats (2-6) reopened the lead to 7-3 with a four-run fifth, highlighted by an RBI single from Sam Hilliard and an RBI double by Mylz Jones. New Hampshire got a pair back against reliever Jason Garcia in the bottom of the sixth. After Connor Panas reached on a missed catch error by Garcia at first base, Andrew Guillotte singled to put runners at first and second. Jonathan Davis then lined an RBI single to left, and the throw home sailed high over the catcher. Guillotte hustled in all the way from first base to make it a two-run play and a 7-5 game.
Hartford added a run in the seventh with an RBI single from Dom Nunez.
Starter Jesus Tinoco (1-1) earned the win for the Yard Goats, allowing three runs in five innings. He walked two and struck out three. Matt Pierpont earned his second save with
Nick Tepesch (1-1) took the loss for New Hampshire. Danny Young, Dusty Isaacs and Craig Breslow each worked in relief.
The Fisher Cats and Yard Goats continue the series on Saturday at 6:35 p.m. RHP Sean Reid-Foley (1-0, 0.00) will start for New Hampshire against Hartford's RHP Peter Lambert (0-0, 0.00). Coverage begins at 6:15 p.m. on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 13, 2018
- River City Blues - Reading Fightin Phils
- Johnson Dazzles Record Crowd in Home Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Largest Crowd in Senators Home Opening History Watches 5-1 Victory - Harrisburg Senators
- Bichette's First Triple, Pentecost's First HR Not Enough in Fisher Cats Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Yard Goats Beat Former Major League Pitcher for Second Straight Victory - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks Fall to Trenton as Pitchers Dominate - Akron RubberDucks
- Clutch Play from Alvarez and Strong Pitching Lead 2-1 Win over Akron - Trenton Thunder
- Altoona Spoils UPMC Park Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Winning Streak Snapped with 5-1 Loss - Bowie Baysox
- Four-Run Fourth Helps Curve Spoil SeaWolves' Home Opener - Altoona Curve
- Great Way to Start: 'Dogs Win Home Opener 4-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Alonso's Blast Not Enough for Ponies in Portland, 4-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Acevedo Placed on 7-Day Disabled List - Trenton Thunder
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #7 - Rumble Ponies (3-3) at Sea Dogs (1-5) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 13th vs. Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox to Host Educator Appreciation Night on April 20 - Bowie Baysox
- Governor Northam to Throw First Pitch at Richmond Flying Squirrels' Home Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Announce Transactions - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Fisher Cats Return for Second Homestand of 2019
- Fisher Cats Stun Reading with Three Runs in the Ninth
- Fisher Cats Top Prospect Kevin Smith Wins It in 11
- Fisher Cats Announce Preliminary Opening Day Roster
- Fisher Cats Unveil Bobblehead Set: Vlad Jr., Bo Bichette, and Cavan Biggio