Ben Sweat: Inter Miami "Getting a Lot of Positivity and Good EnergyÃ¢ÂÂ
After almost four weeks of voluntary individual workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex, the Club's players' fitness levels continue to improve day after day. Inter Miami's center back Andrés Reyes and left back Ben Sweat are both pleased to have been back at the Club's grounds for almost a month now, as they can already feel the benefits from the intense training sessions assigned by the coaching staff.
"It's good to get back on the pitch, put boots on, put our training kit back on and get a sweat going on out here on the field," said Sweat. "Workouts are hard. They're just as intense here as they were in preseason and the start of the season. They want us to work hard and want us to be ready because when we get back to it we don't want to take time, we want to start off fast. They've been kicking our butt out here and we're enjoying it."
"Physically I already feel better. I think I'm already at a suitable fitness level for competition. I feel good, happy about the progress I've had," added Reyes.
Being back out on the pitch for the past weeks has not only boosted the player's fitness levels, as it has benefited their mental side as well.
"Everyone's happy, everyone's smiling. Seeing all the coaching staff, the administrative staff and all that kind of stuff is good. It's good to come back together and I think that everyone is getting a lot of positivity and good energy out of this. It's really good for our morale, it's really good for us individually," explained Sweat.
As a result of the strict health and safety measures taken on by MLS and Inter Miami, a return to full training and eventually competitive action is looming closer.
"They've done a tremendous job. They've been just as eager as us to get back out there. They've taken all the measures and made sure that every team and every facility was set up to provide all the healthcare measures to get us out on the pitch. Our staff here at Inter Miami has also done a tremendous job. I think it's just going to continue to improve as we move forward and we get closer to getting back fully," highlighted Sweat.
Today, to the delight of the Inter Miami players, MLS announced that teams around the league may submit a plan to begin voluntary small group training in the near future. Meanwhile, the league-wide moratorium on full team training remains in place through, and including, Monday, June 1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 28, 2020
- Earthquakes Issue Update on Assistant Coach Benjamin Galindo - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ben Sweat: Inter Miami "Getting a Lot of Positivity and Good EnergyÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Head coach Jaap Stam to join Friday's Braxton Brewing Co. Virtual Happy Hour on Friday - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire FC Players May Voluntarily Return to Club Facilities for Individual Workouts on Friday - Chicago Fire
- Challenge Accepted: MLS Standouts Pizarro, Pulido in Next Inter Miami CF eFriendly vs. Sporting Kansas City - Inter Miami CF
- Lalas Abubakar on Why He Was Worried Permanent Move to Colorado Rapids Might Not Happen - Colorado Rapids
- Training Report: Nashville SC Players Adjust to New Normal of Voluntary Individual Workouts - Nashville SC
- MLS Clubs to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Will Submit Plan to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Clubs to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions - MLS
- MNUFC Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Receives Green Card - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Begin Individual Workouts at Segra Field on Friday, May 29 - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF's Revised MLS Is Back Group Stage Schedule, Opponents Updated
- Andres Reyes in Good Spirits; Back at Team Hotel
- Inter Miami CF Kicks off MLS Is Back Tournament, Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Orlando City SC
- Storylines: Inter Miami CF vs. Orlando
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Orlando City SC