Bell and Nuts Snap Three-Game Skid
San Bernardino, CA. - Thanks to early offense, Randy Bell earned his first pro win to help the Modesto Nuts snap their three-game losing streak with a 7-4 win against the Inland Empire 66ers of San Bernardino on Tuesday night at San Manuel Stadium.
In his first California League start, Randy Bell (W, 1-0) worked 5 2/3 innings for the Nuts (2-4) allowing just two runs on six hits with six strikeouts and one walk. Bell faced the minimum in the first three innings and was touched for just two runs in the fourth.
The Nuts' offense jumped out early against 66ers' (3-3) starter Erick Manoah (L, 0-1). Nick Zammarelli smacked a two-run triple in the first inning before Jhombeyker Morales added a two-out RBI single. Zamarelli finished 2-for-4 with a double and a triple. Morales drove in two runs. Gareth Morgan homered in the second and Manoah was done after three innings allowing four runs on four hits with two walks and two strikeouts.
Logan Taylor added a home run in the sixth inning. He scored twice. Donnie Walton went 2-for-3 with a walk.
Michael Koval (S, 1/1) polished off the game with a perfect ninth inning.
The rubber game of this three-game series is Wednesday morning with first pitch scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Coverage on ModestoNuts.com will start at 10:25 p.m. Listen live online on your phone, tablet or PC.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from April 11, 2018
- Varsho, Ellis Go Back to Back to Blast Storm - Visalia Rawhide
- Modesto Nuts Home Opener on Thursday - Modesto Nuts
- Nuts Fall in Series Finale 7-0 - Modesto Nuts
- Will Smith and Jeff Samardzija Scheduled to Pitch for San Jose Giants Opening Weekend - San Jose Giants
- Modesto Evens Series with 7-4 Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- Bell and Nuts Snap Three-Game Skid - Modesto Nuts
- Giants Fall 5-3, Win Streak Snapped at Three - San Jose Giants
- 'Hawks Rally Late, Even Series with Giants - Lancaster JetHawks
- Storm Club Four Homers to Win - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.