Bees Sweep Twinbill in Nashville
The Salt Lake Bees swept a doubleheader over the Nashville Sounds on Tuesday night. It was their first road sweep of a twinbill since August 1, 2010 at Portland.
In game one, J.C. Ramirez pitched five and two-third strong innings to lead the Bees to a 2-1 win over Nashville. Ramirez (1-1), who is on a major league injury rehab assignment from the Angels, allowed just one run on six hits with three walks and two strikeouts. Jake Jewell recorded the final four outs for his fourth save of the season, stranding the tying run at second base by getting Andy Ibanez to ground out to shortstop Kaleb Cowart to end the game. Michael Hermosillo broke a scoreless tie with his second home run of the season leading off the fifth inning. One out later, Jarrett Parker blasted his 12th of the season, which Track Man measured at 457 feet. J.C. Ramirez (1-1), who is on a major league rehab assignment from the Angels, earned the win, as he went five and two-third innings and gave up just one run on six hits.
In the nightcap, Salt Lake scored four runs in the second inning, three of them unearned, and went on to a 9-4 win over Nashville. Brennon Lund doubled in the first run and scored on an error by former Bees second baseman Nolan Fontana. After Matt Thaiss singled, Jose Rojas followed with a two run double to make it 4-0. Salt Lake's lead was down to one run going into the seventh, but Jared Walsh and Parker hit back to back homers to make it 7-4. Later in the inning, Lund would add an RBI double for his first three hit game of the season and Roberto Pena followed with an RBI single, as he extends his hitting streak to seven games. Salt Lake starter Jaime Barria (3-1) picked up the win, as he went five innings and allowed four runs on seven hits with six strikeouts and one walk. Jose Rodriguez pitched two scoreless innings to earn his first save of the season. The win gives the Bees a 4-3 record on their Tennessee road trip.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Stingers, Star Wars and Jazz Included in Bees Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- Jam-Packed Family Fun Scheduled this Weekend at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Berm Seating for Tuesday's Mariachis Game on Sale Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies Hold off Chasers 8-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Celebracion Cielo Azul Returns to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Keeping An Eye on the Minor Leaguers - San Antonio Missions
- Chihuahuas Break Off Leash in Series Finale - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Tacos sizzle by Storm Chasers 8-6 in the series finale - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Explode in Fifth to Blow past Dodgers - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Sweep Twinbill in Nashville - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Show No Mercy in Double-Digit Win over Aces - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.