Bees Rally But Lose Game One
Burlington, IA - The Burlington Bees (58-74) battled back to tie the game but fell 5-4 to the Beloit Snappers (61-70) in game one of a doubleheader on Monday night at Community Field.
Beloit opened game one of the doubleheader with three straight hits. Josh Vidales singled to center to start the game and then moved to second on a Mike Martin bunt single. After Luke Persico blooped a single to right-center, Kyle Nowlin gave Beloit a 1-0 lead with a bases loaded walk. J.C. Rodriguez then hit into a fielders' choice, extending the lead to 2-0.
The Snappers added to the lead in the third inning thanks to a RBI single off the bat of J.C. Rodriguez and then added their fourth run of the game on an Edwin Diaz homer in the fourth, extending their lead to 4-0.
Burlington's bats got going int he fifth inning. With one out, Leonardo Rivas was hit by a pitch and then moved to second on a Brandon Sandoval single. Richie Fecteau then picked up his third hit of the night, a RBI single to cut the Beloit lead to 4-1. The Bees came back to tie the game in the sixth inning thanks to a pair of runs on a RBI single from Juan Moreno and a RBI double from Leonardo Rivas. Rivas later came home to score on an error, tying the game at four.
Beloit came right back to take the lead in the seventh. Mike Martin started the inning with a single and then moved to second on a Luke Persico walk. Later in the inning, J.C. Rodriguez drove in Martin with a sacrifice fly, putting the Snappers on top, 5-4. Ty Damron (4-1) earned the win for the Snappers while Zac Ryan (2-1) was charged with the loss and Sam Sheehan (5) picked up the save.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 29, 2017
- Whitecaps Offer $5 Tickets for Labor Day - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kernels Win 4-3 in 10 at Quad Cities - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Rally But Lose Game One - Burlington Bees
- Bees Lose Game Two in Extras - Burlington Bees
- FINAL Beloit 5 Burlington 4 - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Burlington Bees Stories
- Loons Continue Great Pitching, Shutting out Bees in Game One
- Bees Defeat Lansing 7-2 in Series Finale
- Ryan Noda's Big Game at the Plate Gives Lugnuts Series Opening Victory
- Two Eighth Inning Homers Give River Bandits Win over Bees
- River Bandits Cruise Through Burlington's Lineup for Shutout Win