Beckham Reunites with "GalacticoÃ¢ÂÂ Teammate Ronaldo on Instagram Live
David Beckham, Inter Miami CF Owner and President of Soccer Operations, joined former Real Madrid teammate Ronaldo NazÃ¡rio de Lima in a conversation over Instagram live today. They were members of the famous Real Madrid "GalÃ¡cticos" era together, representing some of the most high-profile and successful players in the world. Now, Beckham is living his dream of bringing an MLS franchise to South Florida while Ronaldo became the majority owner of Spanish LaLiga club Real Valladolid.
The pair caught up from the safety of their homes to reminisce on their time together and discuss their new endeavors.
"With Inter Miami, we're excited. You've spent a lot of time in Miami, it's a special place with special people and to have the team that we have, to have the players that we have, to have the ownership group and to have the stadium and the [training] facility that we have is really exciting for us," said Beckham. "I tried to take things from Manchester to Madrid to Milan to PSG, to the [LA] Galaxy. All the teams that I've played at, I tried to take a little bit from every team into this organization. So we're really excited. We're really excited to be owners of the team. It's something that feels different, but it's special."
Beckham also touched on how the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Inter Miami and Major League Soccer. He reflected on the support the Club has received, but most importantly on the importance of staying safe.
"It's difficult times. You know, I think with Inter Miami, this was the first season. We played two games so far. We haven't played a home game yet in our stadium. The first week of the lockdown was when we were going to go play our first game," he said. "So it's difficult, but I think that the most important thing is that obviously, everybody stays healthy, stays safe, and then we can take the advice of the governments and the places where we're going to be playing. But I think that that's the most important thing."
The former teammates also spent time reminiscing on their time in Madrid together.
"One of the first people that I ever saw was you," said Beckham to Ronaldo. "When you walked into the changing room it made me comfortable to be in the club."
"Man, you are amazing," replied Ronaldo. "For me, you are one of the best of all time in the center. The way you would touch the ball, the way you could get the ball whatever you want, and without looking at me. I should thank you for many balls you gave to me."
Lastly, Ronaldo shared his admiration for one of the signature marks of the Inter Miami brand.
"Inter Miami has beautiful colors," said Ronaldo. "I love that!"
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 8, 2020
- Beckham Reunites with "GalacticoÃ¢ÂÂ Teammate Ronaldo on Instagram Live - Inter Miami CF
- A Champion in Charge: How Gary Smith Is Bringing His MLS Cup Experience to Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Houston Sports & Civic Facilities Unite to #LightItBlue Thursday Night - Houston Dynamo
- An MLS Stadium Update from CEO Ian Ayre - Nashville SC
- Health and Well Wishes from NYCFC - New York City FC
- Gillette Stadium to Host Series of Blood Drives - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Pizarro Defeats Sporting Kansas City's Pulido in Inter Miami's Fourth eFriendly
- Director of Player Development Darren Powell Provides Updates on Inter Miami CF Academy
- Ben Sweat: Inter Miami "Getting a Lot of Positivity and Good EnergyÃ¢ÂÂ
- Challenge Accepted: MLS Standouts Pizarro, Pulido in Next Inter Miami CF eFriendly vs. Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Will Submit Plan to Begin Voluntary Small Group Training Sessions