BC Lions Issue Statement on Euclid Cummings
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to the Canadian Football League's decision to void the contract of Euclid Cummings:
"We support the Commissioner's decision to void the contract of Euclid Cummings in light of criminal charges he is currently facing. We were given no indication by the player or his representation that these charges existed and I assure our fans, partners and supporters of the CFL across Canada, that we would not have offered him a contract had we known about this situation. Given that matter is before the criminal courts and under a publication ban, we will not be offering further comment."
- Ed Hervey, General Manager.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 7, 2018
- Rottier Re-Signs with Esks - Edmonton Eskimos
- Four Prospects from Eastern Regional Combine Invited to CFL Combine Presented by adidas - CFL
- A Statement from the Canadian Football League on Euclid Cummings - CFL
- BC Lions Issue Statement on Euclid Cummings - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Release Three - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Return to IMG Academy for 2018 Mini-Camp - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.