BC Lions Add Jeff Reinebold as Special Teams Coordinator
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club today announced that Jeff Reinebold has been named special teams coordinator.
Innovative, experienced and tremendously popular among players, Reinebold returns to the Lions for his third tour of duty after making his CFL coaching debut with the Leos from 1991 to 1993 and returning again in 1996.
"We're very pleased that Jeff will be joining our staff for 2018," said head coach Wally Buono. "He is an outstanding coach who consistently fields exciting, disciplined and physical special teams units. He had a number of offers available to him, but his desire to come to the BC Lions I believe says a lot about the team and staff that Ed and I are building for next season."
Reinebold most recently served as defensive coordinator for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats this past season after originally joining the club as special teams coordinator and linebackers coach in 2013.
"After many years of battling against Wally on the field it will be great to go into battle together," said Reinbold from his temporary residence in London, England where he spends the off-season covering the NFL for Sky Sports .
The Indiana native, whose coaching resume dates back to 1981, has also spent time with the Las Vegas Posse (1994), Edmonton Eskimos (1995), Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1997-98) and Montreal Alouettes (2012).
BC Lions season memberships for 2018 are available now. Season memberships for kids 12 and under start at just $85 all-in. New and renewing season members save as much as 29% on single game tickets while also receiving numerous membership benefits.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 21, 2017
- Brandon Bridge Signs One-Year Extension with Riders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Veteran Brandon Smith Returns to Calgary - Calgary Stampeders
- RIDERS MEDIA AVAILABILITY: December 20 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mike Sherman named Head Coach of the Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- REMINDER-Alouettes to make an important announcement - Montreal Alouettes
- TRANSACTIONS: Riders Add Four Nationals - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions Add Jeff Reinebold as Special Teams Coordinator - B.C. Lions
- Eskimos Host 200 Youth in Free Flag Football Camp - Edmonton Eskimos
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Weston Dressler - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Mace's Turkey Drive Establishes Record - Calgary Stampeders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.