Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ
Mankato, Minn. -Â The Mankato MoonDogs got back in the win column Tuesday to salvage a series split against the St. Cloud Rox with a 6-4 win.
Shane Barringer'sÂ surreal efforts on the hillÂ as the MoonDogs starting arm and the offense's great deal of power at the plate got them their 10th win of the season at The Frank Tuesday.
Shane Barringer got his second win of the summer, pitching seven innings at The Frank Tuesday. (Image captured by Mansoor Ahmad)
In the opening frame,Â Zach Kokoska'sÂ leadoff walk eventually plated the first run on the night.Â Dylan PhillipsÂ drove in his 16th RBI of the season when he grounded out to score Kokoska. It gave the Dogs a 1-0 lead after the first.
Behind a three-run fourth, the MoonDogs got out to a 4-0 lead. Phillips led off the fourth with a solo home run, his fourth of the summer, to get it started.Â Danny BorgstromÂ hit third and singled to scoreÂ Evan Berkey. The scoring rounded out when Kokoska singled to score Borgstrom to make it a 4-0 game.
The Rox shrunk the deficit to three, 4-1, with a sacrifice fly in the fifth.
In the seventh, Borgstrom wasn't done being a force Tuesday night and blasted a no-doubt home run, his first of the season, to right for two more runs and a 6-1 advantage.
The Rox responded with three more runs in the top half of the eighth, but it wasn't enough to complete the comeback and the Dogs got their seventh win in their last eight games. Ultimately, Mankato now sits 10-13 this season and fourth in the 2020 Northwoods League Minnesota/Iowa Pod.
The MoonDogs were dominant offensively, outhitting the visiting Rox, 13-7. The Rox won the dishonorable feat of having more miscues in the field, with a 2-1 advantage in errors.
Barringer, now 2-0 this season, was outstanding again Tuesday night. The MoonDogs southpaw pitched seven complete innings of one-run baseball. The Rox managed to get their and run and three hits against Barringer just amidst their fifth-inning surge. Barringer walked one and struck out eight. Out of the pen in the ninth,Â Andre GranilloÂ got his first save of the summer with a pair of strikeouts.
Andre Granillo got his first save Tuesday night under the Franklin Rogers Park lights. (Image captured by Mansoor Ahmad)
The losing pitcher was Rox starter,Â Trent Schoeberl (0-2). He pitched four innings, allowed six hits, four runs, walked one and struck out three.
For tonight's box score clickÂ HERE.
The Mankato MoonDogs (10-13) are back at home tomorrow to embark on a new home-and-home series with the Willmar Stingers (14-8). The game is scheduled for a 6:35 p.m. start at Franklin Rogers Park.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 28, 2020
- Rafters Win 8-3 with Impressive Power Display - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Larks Grind out Third-Straight Win - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Down Woodchucks on Tuesday Night, 8-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Spitters Walk Their Way to Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Growlers Come up Big in the Clutch, Win the Day against Battle Creek - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Rox Rally Late, Drop Close Game to Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Give up Runs Late, Drop Third Game in Last Four - Battle Creek Bombers
- MoonDogs Approved to Increase Capacity - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Ride Mid-Season Wave into Woodchucks Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Opens up Two-Game Home Stand - Green Bay Booyah
- Wilco and Trampled by Turtles Concert Rescheduled to 2021 - Green Bay Booyah
- Jon McGlocklin MACC Fund Bobblehead Available - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Approved to Allow Greater Capacity - Rochester Honkers
- Woodchucks Fall to Booyah on Monday Night, 11-1 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Hammer MoonDogs, Win Series Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Dock Spiders Bounce Back with 8-4 Win over Rockford - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Win Streak Snapped in 10-5 Loss in La Crosse - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Muster Only Five Hits in Shutout Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Runaway in Eighth to Bury MoonDogs Streak MondayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mankato MoonDogs Stories
- Bucks Six-Run Second Enough to Sweep MoonDogs Saturday
- Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series
- Stingers Complete Sweep of MoonDogs in Willmar ThursdayÃÂ
- Stingers Take First Game of Home-And-Home in Mankato WednesdayÃÂ
- Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ