Barons Sign Defenseman Randy Jones to a PTO
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Barons signed defenseman Randy Jones to a PTO, General Manager Bill Scott announced today.
Jones, a 6-2, 205-pounder from Quispamsis, New Brunswick played 39 games last season with the Winnipeg Jets. The 31-year old rearguard has appeared in 518 games at the professional level and scored 169 points (35-134-169). Jones is no stranger to the American Hockey League having played 153 games with Philadelphia Flyers affiliate. A veteran of 365 NHL games, he has scored 105 points (29-85-105) in games with Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay and Winnipeg.
Prior to turning pro, Jones played two seasons at Clarkson University. In 67 games over two seasons with the Golden Knights, he scored 53 points (22-31-53). That included a team-leading 33 points (13-20-33) during the 2001-02 season. Before his stint at Clarkson, he played 119 games over three seasons with the Coburn Cougars of the OPJHL where he scored 134 points (49-85-134).
The Barons return to action this weekend with two home games against the Grand Rapids Griffins. Friday is Concession Specials night with $1 hot dogs and $2 draft beers. Saturday is another Drive Away Every Saturday. One lucky fan will drive away in a Ford Taurus from John Vance Auto. Faceoff for both games is 7 p.m. at the Cox Convention Center. Both games can be heard on the Barons flagship station, 96.1 KXY.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7-game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2013
- Coyotes Recall Rundblad, Assign Miele to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Jake Allen Recalled by St. Louis - Peoria Rivermen
- 'Canes Recall Tim Wallace from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Pens Stun Bears in Overtime Once Again - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penguins Win Another Overtime Battle against Bears - Hershey Bears
- Holden Recalled By Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Hogs Drop Lead and Sixth Straight - Rockford IceHogs
- IceCaps Re-Assign Cody Sol to Colorado - St. John's IceCaps
- Barons Sign Defenseman Randy Jones to a PTO - Oklahoma City Barons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss