Bandits Sign Byrne to Three-Year Deal
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bandits today announced the team has signed forward Josh Byrne to a three-year deal, pending league approval.
Byrne (6'3", 207 lbs., 4/15/1994) finished the 2019-20 season with 55 points (29+26) in 11 games. Byrne led Buffalo in both goals (29) and points (55), marking the first time in his career that he has led the team in scoring. Despite the shortened season, Byrne's 29 goals set a new career high and tied for fourth in the league.
The New Westminster, British Columbia native has totaled 160 points (68+92) in 38 career games, all of which he has played for the Bandits. He earned All-Rookie honors and was a finalist for NLL Rookie of the Year at the conclusion of the 2017-18 season after leading all first-year players and setting a new rookie franchise record in points (63) and assists (37).
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from May 26, 2021
- Latrell Harris Agrees to 1-Year Deal - Toronto Rock
- Albany FireWolves Extend Colton Watkinson - Albany FireWolves
- The 15th Franchise in the NLL Has Been Awarded to the City of Las Vegas - NLL
- Bandits, Fraser Agree to One-Year Deal - Buffalo Bandits
- Bandits Sign Byrne to Three-Year Deal - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bandits Stories
- Bandits Ink Cloutier to Three-Year Deal
- Bandits Announce Vaccination Policy in Compliance with ECDOH Directive
- Bandits Sign Five to One-Year Contracts
- Bandits Sign Robinson to One-Year Contract
- Bandits Acquire Fields, Select Two During First Round of 2021 NLL Entry Draft