Bandits Left Standing in Peoria Wednesday
BANDITS LEFT STANDING IN PEORIA WEDENSDAY
Three-run ninth costs Bandits in 4-3 loss in series opener in Peoria
PEORIA, Ill. -- A three-run ninth inning left the Bandits standing in a 4-3 loss to the Peoria Chiefs Wednesday night at Dozer Park. Three straight batters walked to start the ninth, leading to a loss in the series opener. Daz Cameron had a pair of doubles in the game and Chuckie Robinson and Luis Payano each had RBI singles. Ronel Blanco went five innings and allowed one run on three hits, leaving with a lead, but took no decision.
The Bandits (41-24, 78-55) outhit their opponent in a third straight loss, but three walks to start the ninth allowed Peoria (35-30, 65-69) to walk off with the win. A two-run single from Mick Fennel tied the game before Danny Hudzina chopped a single over the infield to plate the winning run.
Quad Cities took a first-inning lead when Robinson hit a ground ball up the middle for a single to plate JJ Matijevic and Cameron scored as well when Kramer Robertson threw the ball away trying to make a diving play on the single. Peoria got a run back in the third but Payano gave the Bandits the insurance back with a single in the sixth.
Nathan Thompson (0-2) suffered the loss for Quad Cities, allowing three runs on just one hit but five walks in the game. Dewin Perez (3-6) hurled a scoreless ninth to earn the win. Lucas Williams inherited the bases loaded in the ninth but could not prevent the Chiefs from capitalizing to get hit with his first blown save of the season.
The Bandits look to even the series Thursday behind Kit Scheetz (2-0, 0.60) against Evan Kruczynski (3-3, 3.50) for Peoria. First pitch is set for 6:30 and you can join Jake Levy for the live radio broadcast on 1170 AM K-BOB, riverbandits.com and the TuneIn app.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 30, 2017
- Tapia Pulls Within One Homer of Record in 10-3 Loss - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Offense Breaks out Despite Tenth Straight Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Left Standing in Peoria Wednesday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- FINAL Wisconsin 4 Beloit 0 - Rehabbing Brewers Sink Snappers On - Beloit Snappers
- Six Days Until the Crosstown Showdown Presented by Auto-Owners - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad Cities River Bandits Stories
- River Bandits Beat Bees 5-2, Close Half by Winning Six Straight
- Ramirez and De La Cruz Added to All-Star Team
- Sound the Alarm, Bandits Clinch First Half Title with 2-1 Win
- River Bandits Take Step Toward Securing Playoff Berth with 3-0 Win over Burlington
- River Bandits Sweep LumberKings with 5-2 Victory, Move into First Place Tie