Bakari Triggs Named Defensive Rookie of the Year
Green Bay Blizzard DB Bakari Triggs has been named the 2019 IFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Triggs's forceful ability to make plays in the secondary helped the Green Bay Blizzard advance to the playoffs for the first time in seven years.
Triggs concluded his rookie campaign with 47 tackles, six interceptions, one sack, one forced fumble and 10 pass breakups. His six interceptions tied him for the lead in the IFL. His 10 pass breakups were fourth most in the league.
The Blizzard defensive back was named the Week 5 Defensive Player of the Week in a game where he recorded an interception for a touchdown. Bell was named a First Team All-IFL Defensive Back at the conclusion of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from July 6, 2019
- Bakari Triggs Named Defensive Rookie of the Year - Green Bay Blizzard
- Corey Roberson Named IFL Coach of the Year - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Blizzard Stories
- WR Frank Brown Signed
- Blizzard Sign D'Nerius Antoine
- 2020 Green Bay Blizzard Schedule Set
- Blizzard Add Big Ten Running Back
- Blizzard Sign Former D1 All-Conference Offensive Lineman