B-Sens Assign Two to Elmira, Recall Tifu
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators announced today that they have assigned forwards Jason Bailey and Mike Hoffman to the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL.
Bailey, 23, has appeared in 17 games for the B-Sens this season, amassing 11 penalty minutes.
The 6-1, 210-pound native of Nepean, Ont. was Anaheim's third-round selection (63rd overall) in the 2005 National Hockey League Entry Draft. He was acquired by Ottawa from the Anaheim in exchange for forward Shawn Weller on Sept. 4, 2009.
Last year, Bailey played 62 games for the B-Sens registering six goals, one assist and adding 78 penalty minutes.
Hoffman has appeared in 46 games for the B-Sens this season, recording six goals, ten assists and adding four penalty minutes.
Hoffman, 21, completed his final year of Canadian Hockey League eligibility during the 2009-10 season, winning the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Michel-Briere Trophy as the league's most valuable player as a member of the Saint John Sea Dogs.
The 5-11, 175-pound native of Kitchener, Ont. was Ottawa's fifth-round pick (130th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Additionally the B-Sens have recalled forward Yannick Tifu from Elmira.
Tifu, 26, currently ranks second overall among Jackals in points with 45 (14 goals, 31 assists) in 42 games played.
The Brossard, Que. native skated in seven games for the B-Sens last season, recording two goals, one assist and adding two penalty minutes.
The 5-11, 185-pound Tifu has appeared in 71 career American Hockey League games with Albany, Binghamton and Rochester recording 30 points (9 goals, 21 assists) and amassing 54 penalty minutes.
The Binghamton Senators travel to Norfolk to play the Admirals at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow night. Fans can listen live on 680 WINR-AM or 1430 WENE-AM beginning 30 minutes before game time for Countdown to Faceoff with Grady Whittenburg, the voice of the B-Sens.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2011
- Zach Hamill Earns Recall to Boston - Providence Bruins
- Samson's OT Goal Ends Seesaw Battle - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Aeros, Stars, Friday at Toyota Center - Houston Aeros
- Williams Makes Most of First All-Star Opportunity - Connecticut Whale
- Antoine Roussel Returns from Reading - Providence Bruins
- Bouma Recalled to Calgary - Abbotsford Heat
- Friday's Aeros Game to Proceed as Scheduled - Houston Aeros
- AHL Set to Kick off Stretch Drive - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Two to Elmira, Recall Tifu - Binghamton Senators
- Hartikainen Named Reebok / AHL Rookie of the Month - Oklahoma City Barons
- Lake Erie's John Grahame Named Reebok/AHL Goaltender of the Month - AHL
- Oklahoma City Left Wing Teemu Hartikainen Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - AHL
- Portland Right Wing Mark Mancarihas Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - AHL
- Rangers Return Kris Newbury to Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Admirals Host Rockford on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils and Time Warner Cable Offer Special Ticket Prices - Albany Devils
- Kouri's Pub Watch Party this Saturday - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Announce Details for 4th Annual High School Hockey Classic - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.