Aviators Take Sunday Matinee
The Las Vegas Aviators jumped out to a 6-0 lead and never looked back, beating the Salt Lake Bees 10-6 on Sunday afternoon at Smith's Ballpark.
Salt Lake starter Brian Johnson was roughed up in his first start after throwing eight scoreless innings against Tacoma last week. Johnson allowed nine hits and nine earned runs in five innings of work. Austin Warren and Jake Petricka finished the final four innings with Petricka allowing a single earned run.
Michael Stefanic highlighted the Bees offense with a two-hit game to extend his hitting streak to 15 straight games, the longest streak of the season for Salt Lake. Gavin Cecchini finished hitless, snapping his franchise record-tying streak of nine straight at-bats with a hit. Taylor Ward drove in a team-high three RBI.
Monday night is Smith's Family night at Smith's Ballpark. Fans can purchase four tickets for $20 and hot dogs are $1 each.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from July 25, 2021
- Sunday Splits: Rainiers and River Cats Play to a Doubleheader Draw - Tacoma Rainiers
- Last-inning comeback lifts River Cats to game two victory in doubleheader split - Sacramento River Cats
- Aviators Take Sunday Matinee - Salt Lake Bees
- Sunday's Round Rock Express at Reno Aces Contest Postponed - Round Rock Express
- Sunday's Game against Round Rock Postponed - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 25, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.