Attack Teaming up with Hockey Gives Blood
The Owen Sound Attack are excited to partner with Hockey Gives Blood for the 2019-2020 OHL season! Hockey Gives Blood is a non-profit organization founded by former hockey players that are dedicated to encouraging members of the hockey community to help save lives and ensure that patients in Canada have access to blood and blood products where and when they need them.
The Attack and its players will help promote blood donation and stem cell awareness during the upcoming season. Through community outreach and game night promotion, the organization will assist Canadian Blood Services and Hockey Gives Blood with reaching their donor goals.
Attack Coordinator of Communications and Community Relations Allan Gibbons thinks it will make a big difference in the community: "We're proud to say we'll be helping save or extend the lives of patients in Canada. We hope to make an impact locally and we encourage everyone that is able to donate blood."
Canadian Blood Services Territory Manager Elaine St. Pierre agrees: "We are thrilled the Owen Sound Attack has chosen to support our partner Hockey Gives Blood in raising awareness about blood and stem cell donation in the hockey community. We have already seen great results at our donation events when the Attack has encouraged their followers to donate."
The next blood donor clinic in Owen Sound is scheduled to take place at the Owen Sound Legion on Wednesday, July 3rd.
Season tickets are available at the MacVicar & McComb Remax Attack Box Office! Get yours today to guarantee your seat for all 34 great home games of Attack action.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Troops Swap Propp for Pick - North Bay Battalion
- Overager Christian Propp Added to Hounds Crease - Soo Greyhounds
- Marko Sikic Commits to Storm - Guelph Storm
- Attack Teaming up with Hockey Gives Blood - Owen Sound Attack
- Fronts Prospect Profile: James Norton - Kingston Frontenacs
- Gens and Swiss Chalet Award Sir Albert Love $500 to Their School Library - Oshawa Generals
- Community Corner Returns for 2019-20 Attack Season - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Attack Lose Goaltending Battle 3-2 in Shootout to Rangers
- Attack Impress with 6-3 Win over Knights
- Attack Partner with Boston Pizza to Offer Player for a Day Experience
- Storybook Return for Struthers in 6-5 OT Win over IceDogs
- Attack Acquire Matthew Struthers from North Bay Battalion