Attack Set to Begin Road Schedule After Long Break
The Owen Sound Attack had one game at the Bayshore since returning to action. The Bears will now be leaving the friendly confines of the Bayshore behind, as they get set to play five straight road games.
The trip begins Wednesday night, as the Attack head down Highway 21 to face off against the Sarina Sting. This will be the third meeting between the teams this season with each team claiming a win on home ice. The game also marks the first game for each team post trade deadline, so rosters will look a bit different from the last meeting. The Stings big move over the deadline, was trading overager's Brayden Guy and Ashton Reesor to the Guelph Storm for a draft pick, and a familiar player to the Attack in Marko Sikic, who has 5 points in four games against the Attack this season.
Owen Sound then travels north for a weekend double-header with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. The SOO currently lead the West Division with 38 points, and bolstered their blue line with the addition of former Sudbury Wolves defensemen Jack Thompson. The Bears have only seen the Greyhounds once this season, at the Bayshore, with Owen Sound picking up their first win of the season. The weekend will also be a homecoming for the newest Attack, Nicholas Porco, who hails from the SOO, so the Bears have extra motivation to rally around their newest teammate and pick up a pair of wins in his home town.
Fans can catch all Attack road games on RogersTV Grey County Ch. 53, and on OHL Live through CHL TV. All games will also be broadcast through 560 CFOS Bears Radio, where fans can listen to the voice of the Bears Fred Wallace.
The weekend preview is presented by Joe Tomatoes located in the Galaxy Plaza on the sun set strip.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2022
- Winterton Returns with 5 Points in Bulldogs 6-2 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Beats IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss Returns to Oshawa - Oshawa Generals
- Attack Set to Begin Road Schedule After Long Break - Owen Sound Attack
- Show Your Support, at Home Edition - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Forgettable Family Day Extends Attack Losing Streak to 7
- Ethan Burroughs Named Huron Tractor Player of the Week
- Midwest Rivals Pack the Week as Attack Look to Get Back on Winning Track
- Attack Drop 6th Straight with Loss to GreyHounds
- OHL Announces Comprehensive Update to 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule