Attack & Canadian Cancer Society Raise over $7000 Through Head Shave Event
On Monday night at the Bayshore Community Centre, seventeen children and six members of the Owen Sound Attack took part in a head shave/cut/chalk event to raise funds for Hockey Fights Cancer. By the end of the evening with all the money counted, they had raised over $7000 for the Canadian Cancer Society.
Deni Goure, Brady Lyle, Stepan Machacek, Andrew Perrott, Matt Philip and Carter Robertson all volunteered to have their heads shaved, with teammates doing the honours with help from the professionals at Mastercuts Owen Sound. Other Attack players had partnered with local children that were participating in the event, helping shave, cut or chalk their hair.
The Head Shave Event was the second Hockey Fights Cancer event leading up to the game on November 2nd against the Sarnia Sting. Last week, five players went to Boston Pizza for a Celebrity Serve where 10% of all sales were donated to Hockey Fights Cancer.
The Hockey Fights Cancer game will see the team wear special lavender themed jerseys that will be auctioned off online. A bucket pass, silent auction, chuck-a-puck and a new 'Ice On The Ice' game during intermission will also be part of the game night festivities. Tickets are available at the MacVicar & McComb Remax Attack Box Office and online.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2019
- Vaughn CHL Team of the Week Unveiled - OHL
- Petes to Host Sting and Steelheads in First Weekend Home Stand - Peterborough Petes
- Steelheads Acquire Calvin Martin from Sting - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting Complete Trade with Steelheads - Sarnia Sting
- Details announced for Friday's 'Pucks for Paws Game' - Flint Firebirds
- Peterborough Petes Name Players of the Week for the Week Ending October 20 - Peterborough Petes
- 2019-20 Commemorative Remembrance Day Jerseys Release Auction & Game Day Info - Soo Greyhounds
- Steelheads to Host 8th Annual Pink at the Rink - Mississauga Steelheads
- Shane Wright Joins Team Black for 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - Kingston Frontenacs
- Canadian Hockey League and Adept Mobile team up to launch new mobile app - OHL
- Attack & Canadian Cancer Society Raise over $7000 Through Head Shave Event - Owen Sound Attack
- Another Three in Three Comin' Right Up - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Attack & Law Enforcement Torch Run Team up to Raise Funds & Awareness for Special Olympics Ontario
- Mack Guzda Earns 'Huron Tractor Attacker of the Week' Honours
- Guzda Stands Tall in 4-3 Shootout Win over Otters
- Attack Fall 4-2 to Knights on Military Appreciation Night
- Attack Welcome Woolley's Warriors to the Bayshore this Saturday