Atletico Ottawa to Start Workouts at George Nelms Sport Park
Ottawa, Ontario - Atlético Ottawa has received approval from its provincial and municipal health authorities and the Canadian Premier League to return to training. Atlético Ottawa will begin to hold voluntary workouts for players at George Nelms Sport Park on Wednesday, June 3.
As part of the CPL's training protocol we have adopted a phased approach to training that will begin with non-contact individual or small group workouts and will allow the club to provide a secure, sanitary and controlled environment that ensures adherence to safety protocols and physical distancing measures for players and staff.
"We are very happy to return to training and voluntary player workouts," said Club CEO, Fernando Lopez. "We are excited to get started working with our players in a training environment and we thank all healthy and safety officials and governing bodies involved in providing us with the guidelines to safely get our players back on the pitch."
The priority of these protocols is the safety and the well-being of players, technical staff and employees, as well as their families, when they return to training.
The CPL and Atlético Ottawa continue to monitor all input, guidance and direction provided by all levels of government and all football governing bodies.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from June 2, 2020
- Atletico Ottawa to Start Workouts at George Nelms Sport Park - Atletico Ottawa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atletico Ottawa Stories
- Whitecaps FC Loan Gianfranco Facchineri to Atletico Ottawa
- Canadian Forward Malcolm Shaw Joins Atletico Ottawa
- Atletico Ottawa to Start Workouts at George Nelms Sport Park
- Atletico Ottawa Unveils Inaugural Macron 2020 Club Home Kit
- Atletico Ottawa to Sell Branded Face Masks to Help Ottawa Food Bank