Atlanta United Waives Chris McCann
ATLANTA - Atlanta United announced today it has waived midfielder Chris McCann.
McCann, 31, joined Atlanta United on a free transfer from Wigan Athletic on July 6, 2016. Over two seasons for the club, he made 48 total appearances with 31 starts and scored one goal with two assists. The Irishman played in a variety of positions in the midfield and on the backline, including both left back and center back. Prior to joining the club, McCann accumulated more than 350 first team appearances with Burnley and Wigan Athletic.
Atlanta wraps up its preseason camp in Los Angeles with friendly matches at LAFC (Feb. 10) and at Los Angeles Galaxy (Feb. 13). The club has beaten Seattle Sounders FC (7-1), Cal State Fullerton (1-0) and Club Tijuana (6-1).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 9, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Sweep Doubleheader with Seattle Sounders FC at Kino Sports Complex - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Records One Win, One Loss in Preseason Doubleheader - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Waives Chris McCann - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Mourns Passing of Former Technical Director Fernando Clavijo - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Ousts Iwaki FC in Pacific Rim Cup Opener - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution
- George Bello Named to USA Roster for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil
- Atlanta United Reaches Contract Extension with Miles Robinson
- Time Change: Round 1 Match vs. New England Now 1 p.m.
- Atlanta United Set to Host New England Revolution October 19