Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts
ATLANTA - Several Atlanta United players returned to voluntary individual workouts at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground today. Media assets from today's sessions can be found below and will continue to be uploaded throughout the day.
Atlanta United will continue individual workouts at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground on Friday. In addition, club President Darren Eales will address the media during a video call on Microsoft Teams on Thursday, May 7 at 11:30 a.m. EST.
Major League Soccer announced May 1 that its players may begin to use outdoor team training fields for individual workouts, in compliance with detailed health and safety protocols that were created in consultation with medical and infectious disease experts. All individual workouts are voluntary and may not be in conflict with local public health official or government policies.
The individual player workout protocol prohibits access to club facilities including but not limited to locker rooms, team gyms and team training rooms. Team gyms and training rooms may still only be accessed by players receiving post-operative and rehabilitation treatment, as directed by the club's Chief Medical Officer.
The league-wide moratorium on small group and full team training remains in place through Friday, May 15.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Details on Individual Workouts - Inter Miami CF
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Unites to Thank Frontline and Essential Workers - MLS
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday - Houston Dynamo
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung - Orlando City SC
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet' - Toronto FC
- Today at Inter Miami: Players Begin Individual Workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player
- Atlanta United Hires Paul McDonough as Vice President of Soccer Operations
- Atlanta United Teams up with Epic Games to Bring Soccer to Fortnite
- Atlanta United announces Gabriel Heinze's technical staff
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Esports Athlete Paulo Neto for 2021