Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week
ATLANTA - In celebration of Nurses Appreciation Week, Atlanta United is working with club partners American Family Insurance and Gusto! to give back to nurses and healthcare workers at Piedmont Healthcare Atlanta Hospital. American Family Insurance is donating $5,000 worth of meals provided by Gusto! to frontline heroes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Goalkeeper Brad Guzan announced the initiative on Wednesday morning and gave thanks to all nurses and frontline workers (Video). The month of May is being observed as Frontline Worker Appreciation Month, while the week of May 6-12 is Nurses Appreciation Week.
The club will work with Gusto! to distribute a total of 450 meals over a two-day period to Piedmont Atlanta Hospital nurses. The first 225 meals will be delivered in multiple waves on May 6, with the final 225 meals delivered on May 7. (Photos available after final delivery)
The donation is part of Atlanta United's 'United We Conquer' initiative, which was announced last month. 'United We Conquer' serves as a platform for the club to give back to the community, acknowledge and support those on the front lines of the COVID-19 crisis and offer resources for fans and community members at atlutd.com/communitypartners.
The club also joined Major League Soccer in its 'MLS Unites' campaign, a series of programs involving MLS clubs, players, coaches, staff, partners and fans. For more information on 'MLS Unites,' visit MLSsoccer.com/MLSUnites.
Last month, club owner Arthur Blank committed more than $5 million through The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation for immediate and long-term recovery assistance to organizations providing critical support throughout Georgia and Montana.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Details on Individual Workouts - Inter Miami CF
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Unites to Thank Frontline and Essential Workers - MLS
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday - Houston Dynamo FC
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung - Orlando City SC
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet' - Toronto FC
- Today at Inter Miami: Players Begin Individual Workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Falls 2-0 at New York City FC in Round One of Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs eSports Athlete Paulo Neto, Adds Vini Leiva for 2022
- Atlanta United's Rob Valentino Signs Multiyear Contract as Assistant Coach
- Atlanta United Signs Carlos Bocanegra to Multiyear Contract Extension