Atlanta United and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal
ATLANTA - Atlanta United and Continental Tire, one of the oldest independent and largest tire manufacturers in the world, today announced a renewal of their successful partnership that has significantly advanced the growth of the League and the sport in North America. Celebrating its 150th company anniversary on October 8, Continental Tire will continue to serve as the League's Official Tire and as an Official Partner of all 27 MLS Clubs. To commemorate 150 years, Continental Tire is gifting $150,000 to the incredibly passionate fans of MLS, the Club Supporters Groups.
"We've been celebrating the culture of soccer in North America as a partner of Major League Soccer for over 10 years and we're excited to continue the partnership once again," said Travis Roffler, director of marketing for Continental Tire. "We have a deep understanding of the passion that drives this sport as Continental's soccer roots began in the 1950's with Hannover 96, a German professional soccer club. As we celebrate Continental's 150th anniversary this October, we look forward to bringing MLS fans along for the ride for more years to come."
Atlanta United's partnership with Continental Tire will continue to forge a deeper connection with soccer's young and engaged fan base by creating unique experiences and offerings. With MLS supporters and fans at the core of all activations, Continental Tire has become an authentic part of the MLS gameday experience.
"Atlanta United is excited to continue our partnership with Continental Tire," Atlanta United Vice President of Business Operations Georgia O'Donoghue said. "Continental Tire has shown its commitment to MLS and our fans over the last 12 years and we look forward to continuing to grow the sport in North America."
In 2021, Continental Tire also continues its essential support of Kick Childhood Cancer - the League's campaign to strengthen research efforts to find cures for all types of childhood cancer. Kick Childhood Cancer is part of MLS WORKS, the League's social responsibility platform.
A breakdown of the multi-faceted partnership by the numbers is detailed below:
12 years of celebrating soccer marking one of the longest tenured partnerships in MLS history.
27 Club partnerships
Over 250k scarves distributed
For more information on Continental Tire's partnership with Major League Soccer, visit MLSsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 7, 2021
- Sounders FC Announces New Partnership with ExtraMile - Seattle Sounders FC
- Two New York City FC Home Games Move Back to Yankee Stadium - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - Inter Miami CF
- Philadelphia Union Partners with Fiserv to Enable Cashless Experiences at Subaru Park - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake & Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - Real Salt Lake
- Major League Soccer and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - MLS
- Atlanta United and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - Atlanta United FC
- Injury Update: Figal, Gibbs, Gregore, Ulloa - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Named a Finalist for U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's 22nd Annual Citizens Awards - Chicago Fire FC
- Keys against Minnesota: Depth and Defensive Excellence - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Goalkeeper Dayne St. Clair Called up Canadian National Team - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Falls 2-0 at New York City FC in Round One of Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs eSports Athlete Paulo Neto, Adds Vini Leiva for 2022
- Atlanta United's Rob Valentino Signs Multiyear Contract as Assistant Coach
- Atlanta United Signs Carlos Bocanegra to Multiyear Contract Extension