Atlanta Dream Waive Lynetta Kizer
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Dream have waived forward Lynetta Kizer, the team announced Tuesday.
Kizer, a seven-year WNBA veteran, was drafted in the third round of the 2012 WNBA Draft by the Tulsa Shock and spent the 2018 season with the Minnesota Lynx. The Dream signed Kizer to a training camp contract in February of this year.
Kizer played in all three preseason games for the Dream and averaged 5.7 points in 13.7 minutes per game.
Atlanta opens the 2019 season at State Farm Arena Friday, May 24 against the Dallas Wings beginning at 7:30 p.m. Season, group and single game tickets are available now. For more information, visit atlantadream.net or call 877.977.7729.
The Atlanta Dream, who is celebrating its 12th season in the WNBA in 2019, will play its home games in State Farm Arena in downtown Atlanta. The Dream has qualified for the playoffs nine times, winning conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 21, 2019
- Mercury Acquire 2020 Second-Round Pick from Minnesota - Phoenix Mercury
- Chicago Sky Acquire 2020 Pick from Minnesota for Alaina Coates - Chicago Sky
- Bria Goss Waived by Fever - Indiana Fever
- Atlanta Dream Waive Lynetta Kizer - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.