Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Lynetta Kizer
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Dream have signed forward Lynetta Kizer to a training camp contract, the team announced Monday.
Kizer is currently playing overseas with Tiffany Hayes on CCC Polkowice in Poland. She is averaging 10.0 points and 5.1 rebounds in just 18.6 minutes per game in Polish League play. In nine Euroleague contests, Kizer has averages of 7.8 points and 5.6 rebounds.
"Lynetta will give us a veteran look in the post with the ability to play both power forward and center positions," Head Coach Nicki Collen said of the player she coached in Connecticut during the 2017 season. "She has a great combination of strength inside with the skill set to stretch the floor on the perimeter, as well as a real passion for playing the game."
Originally a third-round selection by the Tulsa Shock in the 2012 WNBA Draft out of Maryland, the 6-4 Kizer played for the Minnesota Lynx during the 2018 WNBA season. She has career averages of 5.8 points and 2.8 rebounds in 180 games during her seven-year career. She has played on four teams that reached the WNBA Playoffs, including the 2015 Indiana Fever, who won the Eastern Conference.
A highly decorated player at Maryland, Kizer was named the ACC Sixth Player of the Year in 2012 and the ACC Rookie of the Year in 2009. She finished her college career with 1,621 points and 958 rebounds. Kizer averaged double-figure points in all four years as a Terrapin.
The Dream have all its core pieces returning from its franchise-best 23-win season, including multi-year contracts with guard Hayes and center Elizabeth Williams.
2019 Atlanta Dream Season Tickets, group tickets and our special Arena Announcement mini-pack are now on sale. For more information and to purchase, visit atlantadream.net or call 877.977.7729. Groups purchasing 10 or more tickets will receive a special 2019 Atlanta Dream hat (excluding kids days) with their tickets.
Atlanta has qualified for the playoffs eight times, winning conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 11, 2019
- An Evening with Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi Postponed - Connecticut Sun
- Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Lynetta Kizer - Atlanta Dream
- Aces Team up with Southern Nevada Health District, Clark County School District for Slam Dunk Health Challenge - Las Vegas Aces
- New York Liberty Announce Player Signings - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Dream Stories
- Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Lynetta Kizer
- Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Haley Peters
- Atlanta Dream Re-Sign Blake Dietrick to Contract
- Former Hawks, Thrashers Executive Jim Pfeifer Joins Atlanta Dream Front Office
- Atlanta Dream Announce Theme Games, Ticket Packages and More