Atlanta Dream Announce Partnership with WellCare
Atlanta - The Atlanta Dream have announced a partnership with WellCare, which includes naming rights to the fast-growing Jr. Dream program.
The partnership includes a pair of WellCare sponsored Dream games including the July 22 Back-to-School game against the Seattle Storm beginning at 3 p.m. In addition, WellCare will also be the title sponsor of the August 9 game against the Los Angeles Sparks set for a 7 p.m. tipoff. Also included in the partnership is the rebranding of the Jr. Dream section to Collen's Corner presented by WellCare.
"We are excited to welcome WellCare as a new corporate partner," Dream President Theresa Wenzel said. "We will be able to maximize the synergies our two organizations have in-arena and within the community which will result in a better outcome for everyone. I want to thank Sonya Nelson and her team for their shared vision especially related to our Jr. Dream program."
"We appreciate our partnership with the Atlanta Dream," WellCare's State President in Georgia Sonya Nelson said. "Through their Jr. Dream Program we can help inspire Atlanta's youth by educating them on the benefits of physical activity and eating healthy while they learn to enjoy the game of basketball."
As the partnership was coming together, Head Coach Nicki Collen purchased 40 VIP Jr. Dream memberships to be donated to local Atlanta-area youth, which includes tickets to all Atlanta Dream home games.
"I am so excited for our partnership with WellCare," Collen said. "I am happy to do my small part in helping to introduce Atlanta's youth to the game of basketball and am excited for the future of the Jr. Dream program."
The Jr. Dream program is a platform designed to inspire Atlanta's youth by providing mentorship in the areas of basketball, health & wellness, education, inclusion and technology. VIP memberships are just $25 and include a ticket to all 2018 Atlanta Dream home games, a t-shirt and a lanyard. Fans call also select a free membership, which includes invites to special Jr. Dream events and more.
WellCare Health Plans, Inc. focuses exclusively on providing government-sponsored managed care services, primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs. The company serves approximately 4.3 million members nationwide as of March 31, 2018.
Atlanta Dream season, group tickets and single game tickets are available now. For more information, visit atlantadream.net or call 877.977.7729.
The Atlanta Dream will play its home games in McCamish Pavilion on the Georgia Tech campus. Atlanta has qualified for the playoffs seven times, winning conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 12, 2018
- Sandy Brondello, Mercury Coaching Staff Earn Spot as 2018 WNBA All-Star Game Coaches - Phoenix Mercury
- Seattle's Hughes, Phoenix's Brondello Earn Spots as Head Coaches for Verizon WNBA All-Star 2018 - WNBA
- Dream Look to Continue Winning Streak against Indiana Friday - Atlanta Dream
- Atlanta Dream Announce Partnership with WellCare - Atlanta Dream
- Rookie Diary: The Transition by Kia Nurse - New York Liberty
- Minnesota's Moore Receives June WNBA Cares Community Assist Award Presented by State Farm - WNBA
- Charles Named Winner Of 2018 Mannie Jackson - Basketball's Human Spirit Award - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Dream Stories
- Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Lynetta Kizer
- Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Haley Peters
- Atlanta Dream Re-Sign Blake Dietrick to Contract
- Former Hawks, Thrashers Executive Jim Pfeifer Joins Atlanta Dream Front Office
- Atlanta Dream Announce Theme Games, Ticket Packages and More