Argos Sign International DT Kingsley Opara
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has signed International DT Kingsley Opara through 2020.
Opara, 24, most recently spent time with the Houston Texans of the NFL after being signed as an undrafted free agent in May of 2018. The native of Jacksonville, Florida spent the entire pre-season with the Texans before being waived prior to the start of the NFL season in September.
A 6'3, 300-pound defensive tackle, Opara spent five seasons at the University of Maryland (2013-2017). In 36 games played for the Terrapins, Opara compiled 83 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, one fumble recovery and one forced fumble. Opara's Junior season proved to be his breakout year after totalling 41 tackles, three sacks and ranking second on the team with 11.5 tackles for loss from the interior of the defensive line.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Tiger-Cats Release Offensive Lineman Mathews - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Argos Sign International DT Kingsley Opara - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Announce 2019 Football Operations Staff - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Danny Mason - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos Trade QB Zach Collaros to Winnipeg
- Toronto Argonauts Announce Football Operations Management Changes
- Toronto Argonauts to Host Annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Night on Saturday
- Argos Add Former East All-Star DB Mincy to Practice Roster
- Argos Add Six to Extended Practice Roster