Argos Sign American WR's Daniel Braverman & Craig Rucker
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the team has signed American WR Daniel Braverman and American WR Craig Rucker.
Braverman, 27, was a 2016 seventh-round draft selection of the Chicago Bears and went on to play in three games that season for the NFL club. The 5'10, 185-pound receiver then spent time with the Kansas City Chiefs and Arizona Cardinals practice squads in 2018. More recently the Florida native played for the San Antonio Commanders of the Alliance of American Football in 2019, was on the Calgary Stampeders practice roster that same year and was signed by the St. Louis Battlehawks of the XFL in 2020.
The Western Michigan alum played three seasons for the Broncos (2012, 2014-2015) and over the course of 37 games hauled in 212 passes for 2,499 yards and 19 touchdowns. Braverman had a standout 2015 season with the Broncos catching 108 passes, second most in the NCAA's FBS, for 1,367 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Rucker, 5'7 and 175lbs, capped off a stellar career with Division II's Mars Hill University in 2019 that saw the speedster break a number of school records. The Florida native caught 82 balls for 1,234 yards and 15 touchdowns during his 2019 Senior year and was named his conference's Offensive Player of the Year. Rucker is the South Atlantic Conference's all-time leader in receiving yards (4,320), receiving touchdowns (43) and has the most receiving touchdowns in a game (5). He is also the Lion's record holder for career receptions (294), receptions in a season (97) and all-purpose touchdowns in a regular season (19).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 4, 2021
- Argos Sign American WR's Daniel Braverman & Craig Rucker - Toronto Argonauts
- EE Football Team Signs Jonathan Rose & Mike Jones - EE Football Team
- Tiger-Cats Extend Howsare and Re-Sign Mauldin IV - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Deshaun Davis, Cameron Jefferson Opt Back In - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Longest Serving Blue Bomber, Jake Thomas, Agrees to Terms on One-Year Extension - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos Juwan Brescacin Raising Money for Holland Bloorview's 'Capes for Kids' Initiative
- Two-Time CFL All-Star LB Bear Woods Agrees to Restructured Contract
- Argos Add Former Second Round NFL Draft Pick DL Kony Ealy and Ink OL Blake Camper
- Argos Bring Canadian LB Cameron Judge Aboard the Boat
- Argos Add Six Americans