Argos Add Canadian Fullback Patrick Lavoie
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced today they have added Canadian FB Patrick Lavoie.
Lavoie, 33, is a eight-year CFL veteran after being drafted 11th overall by the Montreal Alouettes during the 2012 CFL Draft. After two seasons in Montreal, the Quebec native became the first National player selected by the Ottawa Redblacks in their expansion draft in late 2013 and he would go on to play four seasons in the nation's capital and win a Grey Cup with the team in 2016, catching one touchdown in the game. The 6'2, 240-lb FB was traded back to the Als in early 2018 and in October that same year was shipped to Saskatchewan. Over the course of 118 regular-season games, Lavoie hauled in 148 catches for 1,343 yards and seven touchdowns. The Laval alum won two Vanier Cups (2008, 2010) during his time in University.
The team also announced today the release of American RB Trey Williams.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 14, 2021
- Moncrief Added to Active Roster - Edmonton Elks
- Argos Add Canadian Fullback Patrick Lavoie - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes Announce Transactions - Montreal Alouettes
- Michael Reilly Collects Another CFL Top Performer of Week - B.C. Lions
- Banks, Jorden and Reilly named CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Banks, Jorden Honoured by CFL - Calgary Stampeders
- Head Coach Khari Jones Tests Positive for COVID-19 - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos Add Canadian Fullback Patrick Lavoie
- QB Nick Arbuckle Named CFL's Top Performer for Week Three
- Argonauts Mourn the Passing of Nick Volpe
- Former Argo Natey Adjei Joins TSN 1050 Radio Booth; to Provide Colour Commentary Alongside Mike Hogan
- Argos Add American RB Trey Williams & Canadian LB Brandon Calver