Angels Reliever Fernando Rodney to Start for 66ers Tonight
Halos' Right Hander Fernando Rodney to Begin Rehab Assignment Tonight San Bernardino, CA - Angels' reliever Fernando Rodney will begin a rehab assignment tonight with the Inland Empire 66ers. Rodney will be making his first ever California League appearance when he takes the mound for the Class A' Partner of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim against the defending California League Champion San Jose Giants. The game can be heard beginning with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Pregame show on the 66ers flagship station, 1050 KCAA, at 5:50 PM.
Rodney was 2-3 with 3 saves in 26 total appearances for the Angels before succumbing to an upper back strain. He last pitched for the Angels June 8th against Tampa Bay. Over his nine year major league career Rodney is 21-36 with 87 saves and a 4.26 lifetime ERA over 406 games, all in relief. He has 385 career strikeouts over 420 major league innings.
Inland Empire 66ers tickets are on sale now both at the 66ers box office and online at www.66ers.com. For more information on the Inland Empire 66ers please contact Sam Farber, Director of Broadcasting, at 909-495-7632.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from July 16, 2011
- Big First Inning Dooms JetHawks - Lancaster JetHawks
- Angels Reliever Fernando Rodney to Start for 66ers Tonight - Inland Empire 66ers
- 66ers Post Eight in The First on Route to A Series Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- San Jose Giants on Deck: Giants Host Inland Empire for Three Games - San Jose Giants
- Blaze walk off on Ports - Bakersfield Blaze
- Valdez Walk-Off Sends Quakes to 4-2 Loss - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Sweep Rawhide For 10th Straight Win - San Jose Giants
- Lancaster defeats High Desert - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.