Anaheim Ducks Sign Troy Terry to Three-Year Contract Extension
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed right wing Troy Terry to a three-year contract extension through the 2022-23 NHL season.
Terry, 22 (9/10/97), has earned 8-20=28 points with a +3 rating in 81 career NHL games with the Ducks. Since the start of the 2018-19 NHL season, Terry leads Anaheim players aged 22-or-younger in goals, assists and points. The 6-0, 180-pound winger has also appeared in 55 career American Hockey League (AHL) games with San Diego, posting 23-34=57 points with a +15 rating.
Selected by Anaheim in the fifth round (148th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft, Terry recorded 4-11=15 points in 47 games with the Ducks in 2019-20. Terry established career highs in points, assists, shots (73) and games played, while matching a personal best in goals. He also appeared in 14 games with the San Diego Gulls, collecting 7-9=16 points with a +14 rating.
A native of Denver, CO, Terry represented Team USA at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games and helped his country to gold at the 2017 World Junior Championship, where he went 4-for-4 in shootouts with a pair of game-deciding goals in the final and semifinal. Terry also won gold with Team USA at the 2015 U-18 World Championship with 3-2=5 points in seven games. Prior to signing his entry-level contract with Anaheim in 2018, Terry led the University of Denver (NCAA) to a national championship in 2017 and back-to-back National Collegiate Hockey Conference championships in 2017 and 2018.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 14, 2020
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Troy Terry to Three-Year Contract Extension - San Diego Gulls
- 237 AHL Players Included on NHL Phase 3 Training Camp Rosters - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Gulls and Computers 2 Kids to Donate Computers and School Supplies to Local Students Wednesday, August 12
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jacob Larsson to Two-Year Contract Extension
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Sonny Milano to Two-Year Contract Extension
- San Diego Gulls Receives 2019-20 AHL Outstanding Fan Experience Award
- San Diego Gulls Donate $230,000 to San Diego Community in 2019-20