Anaheim Ducks Sign Goaltender Marco Cousineau to One-Year Deal
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Ducks, National Hockey League (NHL) parent club of the Norfolk Admirals, announced today that the NHL club has signed goaltender Marco Cousineau ("COO-sihn-oh") to a one-year contract through the 2012-13 season (accepted qualifying offer). Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.
Cousineau, 22 (11/9/89), made his American Hockey League (AHL) debut with Syracuse in 2011-12, going 3-2-0 with a 3.32 goals-against average (GAA) and .904 save percentage (SV%) in six games. Cousineau won his first three games with Syracuse, including his AHL debut on Jan. 13 at Binghamton (W, 5-2). The St. Lazare, Quebec native, who appeared in one ECHL game with Elmira on Nov. 4 at Trenton, played the remainder of the season with Allen of the Central Hockey League (CHL), posting a 16-4-4 record with three shutouts, a 2.53 GAA and .918 SV%.
Selected by Anaheim in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Cousineau made his professional debut with Elmira in 2010-11, posting a 21-16-5 record with a 3.23 GAA and .898 SV%. The 6-0, 195-pound goaltender played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) from 2006-10, going 84-67-12 with a 3.11 GAA and .897 SV% in 176 games. In 2007-08, Cousineau led the QMJHL in wins, finished fourth among league goaltenders in GAA and was also named to the QMJHL Second-Team All-Star squad.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 17, 2012
- Florida Panthers Agree to Contracts with Trio of Players - San Antonio Rampage
- Predators Re-Sign Goalie Jeremy Smith - Milwaukee Admirals
- Clark Agrees to Terms on Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kings Sign Hickey, Legein, Meckler and Muzzin - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Business Staff Earns AHL Awards - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Sign Goalie Rob Madore - Charlotte Checkers
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Goaltender Marco Cousineau to One-Year Deal - Norfolk Admirals
- Sabres Sign Forward Nick Tarnasky; Re-Sign Defenseman T.J. Brennan - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Invite Kids to Race Their Bikes on the Cobbles - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Four-Goal Second Dooms Admirals on Wednesday Night against Florida
- Game Day: Admirals Head South to Face Division Leading Florida
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida
- Seven-Game Home Win Streak Snapped by IceMen on Sunday Afternoon
- Game Day: Admirals Wrap up Weekend Hosting IceMen