Anaheim Ducks Sign Chase De Leo to One-Year Contract
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed center Chase De Leo to a one-year, two-way contract through the 2018-19 NHL season.
De Leo, 22 (10/25/95), was acquired from Winnipeg in exchange for Nic Kerdiles on June 30, 2018. A native of La Mirada, CA, De Leo has appeared in two career NHL games with the Jets, collecting a +1 rating. He has also earned 45-62=107 points with 77 penalty minutes (PIM) in 211 career American Hockey League (AHL) games with Manitoba. The 5-10, 185-pound center recorded 2-6=8 points along with a +4 rating in nine Calder Cup Playoff games in 2018, leading the club in scoring and assists.
Selected by Winnipeg in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft, De Leo represented Team USA at the 2015 World Junior Championship and helped the Portland Winter Hawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL) to a WHL Championship and an appearance in the Memorial Cup final in 2013. In four seasons with Portland, De Leo earned 110-141=251 points with a +111 rating and 115 career WHL games from 2011-15.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 13, 2018
- Condors Sign Defensive Duo Kulevich & Wilson - Bakersfield Condors
- Dallas Signs Adam Mascherin to Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- Kings Sign Restricted Free Agent Defenseman Paul LaDue to a Two-Year Contract - Ontario Reign
- 24th Annual Griffins Youth Foundation Golf Classic Moved to October 1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Chase De Leo to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Capitals Re-Sign Forward Liam O'Brien - Hershey Bears
- Panthers Agree to Terms with D Julian Melchiori - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls Sign Matt Berry to One-Year Contract
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick
- Gulls Extend Point Streak to 15 with 2-1 Victory
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Derek Grant from Pittsburgh in Exchange for Joseph Blandisi
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Michael Del Zotto from Vancouver for Luke Schenn and a 2019 Seventh-Round Draft Pick