American Hockey League Announces Suspensions
May 7, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions arising from Game 2 of the Atlantic Division Finals between the Charlotte Checkers and the Hershey Bears on May 4:
Charlotte defenseman Dennis Robertson has been suspended for one (1) game under the provisions of AHL Rule 21.1 after being assessed a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent.
Hershey defenseman Tyler Lewington has been suspended for one (1) game for his actions under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Both players will miss Game 3 of the Atlantic Division Finals between the teams tonight (May 7) at Hershey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2019
- Marlies Advance to Eastern Conference Finals - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters End Season with 6-2 Loss to Marlies in Game 4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Mattheos' Late Winner Gives Checkers 3-0 Series Lead - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Pushes Bears to Brink in Game 3 - Hershey Bears
- Marlies Set for Game Four of North Division Finals - Toronto Marlies
- Forward Mason Shaw Undergoes Successful Surgery - Iowa Wild
- Flames Sign Carl-Johan Lerby - Stockton Heat
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Alexandre Texier to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Round 2, Game 3) - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.