American Association Game Recaps
June 15, 2019 - American Association (AA) News Release
Sioux City 6, Cleburne 5 (10 Innings) - Box Score
Nine innings weren't enough on Friday night between the Sioux City Explorers (12-16) and the Cleburne Railroaders, but the Explorers prevailed in the 10th inning.
The game was tied at 5-5 after nine innings but in the top of the 10th SS Nate Samson drew a lead-off walk and came around to score when 2B Drew Stankiewicz singled with two outs. The Railroaders threatened to extend the game in the bottom of the 10th as pinch hitter Hunter Clanin hit a one-out triple. But Reliever Matt Pobereyko struck out the next two batters to end the game and earn the save.
For the game, CF Kyle Wren went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored and 3B Jose Sermo went 2-for-5 and hit his first homer of the year.
For the Railroaders, DH Jonathan Rodriguez went 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored.
Milwaukee 2, Winnipeg 1 - Box Score
Behind a gem from starting pitcher Angel Ventura, the Milwaukee Milkmen (12-16) topped the Winnipeg Goldeyes 2-1.
Ventura (2-4) tossed eight strong innings and allowed just one earned run on three hits while striking out eight batters. The Goldeyes' lone run came in the top of the seventh inning when LF James Harris doubled home 1B Kyle Martin.
For the Milkmen, CF Cesar Valera doubled home 2B Garrett Copeland in the third inning and SS Sam Dexter doubled to score RF Nolan Earley in the fifth. 3B Jose Rosario had a game-high two hits.
Reliever Myles Smith tallied his seventh save of the year after working the ninth and giving up just one hit.
Sioux Falls 4, Lincoln 3 - Box Score
The Sioux Falls Canaries (16-10) clawed their way out of an early hole to edge the Lincoln Saltdogs 4-3.
Lincoln took the lead in the top of the first with a double from DH Curt Smith (2-for-4) that plated two runs. After a LF Mike Hart solo shot in the bottom half of the first, 1B Tyler Moore (2-for-4) matched that with a lead-off homer in the second to push the lead back to two runs.
2B Alay Lago (2-for-4) added a lead-off home run in the bottom of the second to pull back within one and in the fourth, DH Trae Santos homered to tie things back up. The Canaries scored the go ahead run in the bottom of the fifth when 1B Adrian Nieto scored C Graham Low with a sac fly.
SS Ivan Marin went 5-for-5 with a run scored for the Saltdogs.
Fargo-Moorhead 8, Chicago 1 - (Rain shortened/7 Innings) Box Score
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (15-12) took care of the Chicago Dogs 8-1 in a rain-shortened affair Friday night.
The RedHawks did the bulk of their damage in the top of the sixth inning as they plated five runs. 1B Correlle Prime scored the first as DH Daniel Comstock bounced out. In the next at-bat, SS Yhoxian Median (2-for-4) plated both CF Devan Ahart (3-for-3) and C Brian Olson and then scored himself when LF Brennan Metzger (3-for-5) left the yard.
For the Dogs, 2B Edwin Arroyo went 2-for-4 and 1B Keon Barnum went 2-for-2 with a run scored. The team's lone RBI cam from SS Harrison Smith.
Kansas City 13, Texas 6 - Box Score
The Kansas City T-Bones (12-14) racked up 21 hits on the way to beating the Texas AirHogs 13-6.
Nine different T-Bones collected hits in the game and seven of them had multi-hit games.1B/RF Casey Gillaspie led the way with four hits including his third home run of the season, three RBIs and three runs scored. 2B Dylan Tice, 1B Daniel Nava and OF Ryan Brett each ended up with three hits in the game and Tice added four runs scored while Nava scored three times and knocked two more in. C Roy Morales added four RBIs as he went 2-for-5.
For the AirHogs, 2B Josh Prince went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored and SS Yang Jin also added a pair of hits. RF Stewart Ijames had two of the squad's five RBIs.
St. Paul 5, Gary SouthShore 3 (Suspended/8th Inning)
The game between the St. Paul Saints and the Gary SouthShore RailCats was suspended in the eighth inning with the Saints leading 5-3. The RailCats were up to bat when the lights in the stadium went out. The game will be resumed tomorrow at 5:10 p.m. Central Time ahead of the regularly scheduled contest.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 15, 2019
- Manoah Notches First Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Split Two-Game Set with Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Come Back from Five-Run Deficit, But Fall Short 8-7 to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- 'Dogs Walked off in Sioux Falls - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Snelten Stifles RedHawks in 4-2 Win - Chicago Dogs
- Birds Walk Off Lincoln On Coulter's Home Run - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Curtin Call, Saints Sign Central Connecticut Pitcher - St. Paul Saints
- A Day Later, Saints Win Resumed Game over RailCats, 5-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Double-Header against Milkmen Postponed - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Add Double-A All-Star, Two-Time Champion Seddon - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones Offense Pigs out with 21 Hits vs. AirHogs - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Win Rollercoaster of a Game - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Lights Go out Not Once, But Twice: 'Cats and Saints Suspended in Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Railroaders Drop Heartbreaker to Sioux City - Cleburne Railroaders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.