American Association Game Recaps
September 8, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
St. Paul 1, Gary SouthShore 0- Box Score
The St. Paul Saints shutout the Gary SouthShore RailCats to move on to the American Association Finals on Saturday.
Trevor Foss earned the win for the Saints with his six shutout innings to start the game. Beck Wheeler (1.2 innings), Ken Frosch (0.1) and Zack Jones (1) also contributed to the shutout.
St. Paul scored their lone run on an RBI single by Burt Reynolds in the top of the fifth.
The Saints won the series 3-1.
Sioux City 5, Kansas City 0- Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers forced a fifth game with a 5-0 win over the Kansas City T-Bones on Saturday.
Ian McKinney tossed seven shutout innings to earn the win.
Daniel Jackson hit a two-run home run and drove in three. Dylan Kelly and Luis Durango also drove in runners for the Explorers.
The winner of tomorrow's game will play the St. Paul Saints in the American Association Finals.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 8, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Fall to Sioux City to Tie up Playoff Series; Sunday's Game Decides It - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Season Ends with 1-0 Shutout in Game 4 of North Division Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- North Division Series Champs: Saints Win 1-0 Head to American Association Championship Series - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Push Explorers to Brink of Elimination - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.