Alouettes Re-Sign 2017 CFL Draft Pick Alex Morrison and Add Offensive Lineman Jarvis Harrison
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Thursday that the club has signed national receiver Alex Morrison and offensive lineman Jarvis Harrison to one-year deals.
Morrison (6'4?, 220 lbs.) returned to the UBC Thunderbirds in 2017 after taking part in the Alouettes training camp in 2017. In 11 games in his last season with the Thunderbirds, the 26-year-old caught 42 passes for 707 yards while scoring ten majors. He made two catches good for 18 yards at the Alouettes preseason games in June 2017. The Sault Ste. Marie native was selected in the fourth round (29th overall) of the 2017 CFL Draft. He was voted a Western Conference all-star following the 2015 season. In that same year, he hoisted the Vanier Cup and was invited to the N.Y. Giants mini-camp. He did not play in 2018 due to an injury.
Harrison (6'4'', 330 lbs.) played two games with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2018. The Navasota, TX native played for the Texas A&M University Aggies in college, starting every game in 2012 and 2013 on the offensive line. The 27-year-old was drafted in the fifth round by the N.Y. Jets in 2015. He was also part of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 7, 2019
- "Experience the Energy" at 2019 Grey Cup Festival - Calgary Stampeders
- Tristan Jackson Officially Retires a Roughrider - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argonauts Partner with Toronto Flag Football League to Grow the Game in Toronto - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes Re-Sign 2017 CFL Draft Pick Alex Morrison and Add Offensive Lineman Jarvis Harrison - Montreal Alouettes
- Western Regional Combine Presented by New Era Takes Place Monday in Edmonton - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.