Alouettes Add Peterson and Luke to Roster
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Tuesday that the club has signed American quarterback Darius James Peterson, as well as American defensive lineman Anthony Luke.
Peterson (5'11'', 190 lbs.) played four years for the College of Idaho Yotes, where he completed 461 passes for 6,096 yards and 49 touchdowns. The quarterback also collected 3,413 rushing yards for 46 majors. In 2019, the 22-year-old Novato, CA native was selected as the Frontier Conference's Offensive Player of the Year. He established a school record with 2,423 passing yards and tied the school's touchdown passing mark with 21.
Luke (6'4'', 260 lbs.) played his last two collegiate seasons with the San Diego State University Aztecs. In his last year, the 23-year-old defensive lineman recorded 43 tackles, including eight for losses, as well as a sack and a pass breakup. The Roseville, CA, native also suited up for the American River College Beavers for two seasons, where he accumulated 118 tackles, 29 tackles for losses and nine sacks.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from March 10, 2020
- Major Upgrade Coming to TD Place Turf - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Partner with Peel Regional Police to Help Support At-Risk Youth - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes Add Peterson and Luke to Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Touchdown Atlantic Goes On-Sale to the Public - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.