All-Star Kicker Brett Lauther Signs Extension
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national kicker Brett Lauther to a one-year contract extension, keeping him with the club through 2020.
Lauther (6'1 - 195) spent 2018 with the Riders after signing with the team last March.
The 28-year-old Saint Mary's product connected on 54 of 60 field-goal attempts (90%) including a 56-yard long. The 90% success rate was the second-best in franchise history and the 56-yarder is the seventh-longest successful kick.
Lauther had two games going a perfect 6-for-6 and another two connecting on all five field-goal attempts.
At the end of the season Lauther was selected as a West Division All-Star. He was also named the Riders' 2018 Most Outstanding Special-Teams Player and Most Outstanding Canadian.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lions Re-Sign DB Garry Peters - B.C. Lions
- Riders Sign Free-Agent Receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Newly Acquired All-Star Defensive End Willie Jefferson to Sign Autographs Saturday at Bomber Store - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Tiger-Cats to Host 2020 Grey Cup Announcement Viewing Party - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Roughriders Issue Statement Regarding 2020 Grey Cup Announcement - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stamps Bring Back Hayes - Calgary Stampeders
- Statement from Bob Young on Hamilton's Grey Cup Bid - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Canadian Football League to Award 2020 Grey Cup on February 21st - CFL
- Riders Re-Sign Receiver Naaman Roosevelt - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- All-Star Kicker Brett Lauther Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Nate Behar - Ottawa RedBlacks
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Dominique Rhymes - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.