Alexandria Beetles Defeat Loggers
Alexandria, Minn.- The Beetles came out to play their commemorative game in Alexandria tonight. They picked up their second win in two straight summers.
Tyler Bosma (Miami Ohio) picked up his third win, second against the Loggers. Bosma completed 6.0 innings, giving up five hits, while not allowing a run. He walked one Logger batter and struck out three.
The Beetles began their scoring in the second when Sam Baier (Augustana) drove in Fowler with a single. Later in the inning Baier scored off a Daniel Walsh (Sac City) base hit. 2-0 Beetles. Chase Stanke (Univ. of Minn) had a two-run RBI in the third scoring Haupt and Elvers. 4-0 Beetles. The scoring continued in the fourth when Walsh drove in Baier for the second time. 5-0 Beetles.
The fifth inning was when the Beetles ran away with the game. They scored five runs, on five hits all with two outs. Fowler, Baier, Walsh, Trousdale, and Haupt all scored. 10-0 Beetles. Gus Cunningham (Montevallo) pitched the last three innings for the Beetles. The Loggers were able to get on the board in the seventh when they scored two runs off two hits. 10-2 Beetles. The Beetles answered with four runs in their half of the seventh as pitching for the Loggers broke down. Only one hit was recorded, but a plethora of walks and hit batters scored the runs. 14-2 Beetles.
The Loggers were able to bring a run across in the eight, and again in the ninth. But the Beetles defeated the Loggers by a final score of 14-4 Beetles.
The 2019 Stingers season is presented by J.D. Kreps Financial Group. For more coverage of the Stingers visit the West Central Tribune online at www.wctrib.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Woodchucks Explosive Offense Stuns the Mallards - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Winning Streak Ends - Willmar Stingers
- Rain Postpones Rafters Game with Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Two Late Inning Home Runs Lead Woodchucks to Victory in Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bombers and Rivets Postponed Due to Rain - Battle Creek Bombers
- Pit Spitters Prevail in Pitcher's Duel - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rox Rained out in Rochester on Saturday, Return Home on Sunday - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Chase Sweep over Green Bay at Home - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Former Rafter Standout Gets Warm Welcome in Return to Witter - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Searching for Seventh Sweep of the Summer - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Dash Home, Top Spiders - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rox Hold Honkers to One Run in Road Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Bucks Shut 4-0 by Thunder Bay - Waterloo Bucks
- Alexandria Beetles Defeat Loggers - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.