Admirals Ink Wisconsin Native Novak to AHL Deal
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed center Tommy Novak to an American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season.
The River Falls, WI native joined the Admirals at the end of the year on an try-out contract after finishing up his collegiate career at the University of Minnesota. Novak played in three regular season games for Milwaukee, earning his first professional point with an assist on March 23 at Rockford, and also skated in one playoff game for the Ads.
During his senior season at Minnesota, Novak picked up four goals and added 17 assists for 21 points while skating in all 38 of the Gophers games. In four seasons at U of M, he posted 88 points (18g-70a) in 129 contests and helped the club to back-to-back regular season Big 10 Championships in 2016 and 2017.
A third-round pick of the Predators (#85 overall) in 2015, Novak was named to the USHL All-Rookie Second Team after averaging better than a point per game, 48 points (14g-34a) in 46 games, with the Waterloo Black Hawks during the 2014-15 campaign.
Season subscriber memberships for the 2019-20 season are on sale now for as little as $20 per month. Fans can get on board, or find more information, at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com or by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Condors Equipment and Locker Room Sale Thursday - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Ink Wisconsin Native Novak to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Capitals Re-Sign Forward Brian Pinho - Hershey Bears
- Stockton Signs Forward Mason Morelli - Stockton Heat
- Capitals Re-Sign Forward Shane Gersich - Hershey Bears
- Iowa Wild Announces Guaranteed Dates for 2019-20 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.