Additional Promotions Announced for 2013 Season
(TRENTON, NJ) -With Opening Night at ARM & HAMMER Park on Thursday, the Trenton Thunder, Double A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, announced additions to the 2013 Promotional Schedule that include an appearance by Major League All-Star David Eckstein and a post-game screening of the film The Sandlot.
The 2013 home schedule will begin with the 20th Opening Night game in franchise history on Thursday, April 11 at 7:05pm against Richmond. The game, the first with new ballpark name ARM & HAMMER Park, will feature ARM & HAMMER Park Logo Baseballs for the first 3,000 fans ages 6 and over as well as a Thirsty Thursday Beer Special.
On April 13, the Thunder and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will present a post game screening and celebration of The Sandlot in honor of the film's 20th Anniversary . David Mickey Evans, the writer, director, and narrator of the film as well as movie's star, "Scotty Smalls", played by Tom Guiry will be hosting the event following the game (5:05pm start). Fans are encouraged to use promo code SANDLOT to purchase tickets and a portion of the ticket sales proceeds will be donated to the "Sandlot Baseball Field Program". David Mickey Evans is available for interviews before the event, please contact Director of Public Relations Bill Cook at email@example.com to make arrangements. Saturday, April 13 is also Kids Opening Day with an Andy Pettitte Replica Jersey giveaway (1st 1,000 fans ages 5-15) thanks to TD Bank. MORE
David Eckstein, a 2 003 inductee into the Trenton Baseball Hall of Fame, will throw a ceremonial first pitch and sign autographs on the main concourse during the game on Wednesday, May 8. Eckstein was an Eastern League All-Star for Trenton in 1999 and went on to play ten years in the Major Leagues where he was a two-time All-Star, two-time World Series Champion and World Series MVP.
The Thunder will welcome 12-year Major Leaguer and current MLB Network personality Sean Casey on May 28 for the game against the Erie SeaWolves. Casey will throw a ceremonial first pitch and sign autographs for fans. The Thunder have hosted Harold Reynolds (2011) and Larry Bowa (2012) at their annual MLB Network Night promotion.
On Wednesday, June 12 Steiner Sports Collectibles will present an autograph session with 2012 Super Bowl Champion punter Steve Weatherford of the New York Giants. Weatherford is a seven year NFL player and is tied for the most punts inside the 20 in a season (42 in 2010). In 2004 with the University of Illinois, he was named first-team All Big-Ten.
Thanks to a road trip during the actual holiday, Father's Day will come early to ARM & HAMMER Park. Macy's Father's Day Celebration will occur on June 9 and will include a pre-game Dad and Kids catch on the field and Macy's prizes awarded during the game.
The Thunder will once again don specially made jerseys for charity. On May 18, in honor of Armed Forces Night presented by Frontier Airlines, the team will wear "patriotic jerseys" that will be auctioned off to benefit a to-be-announced military based charity.
The Thunder will also be celebrating the opening of the movie "42" by showing trailers on the new video screen during the opening homestand. Plus on Friday, April 12, the date of the movie's opening, the Thunder will be awarding "42" Prize packs to lucky fans, courtesy of Warner Brothers.
Additional giveaways and promotions have been added to the calendar since the initial announcement of the Promotional Schedule in January. These include: Fred Beans Auto Group Customer Appreciation Day (A pril 14), 20th Season Mini Bats (1st 1,000 fans ages 5-15, April 28), fireworks thanks to PNC Bank (May 11), 20th Season Pennants (1st 2,000 fans ages 6+) thanks to Bottom Dollar Food, Boomer's Birthday Party with Inflatable Bat Giveaway presented by Norman's Hallmark ( May 19 ), Kevin Youkilis Replica Jerseys (1st 1,000 fans 18+) thanks to Captial Health ( June 11 ), Thunder Caps (1st 1,000 ages 18+) in addition to fireworks thanks to AllState Insurance of NJ (June 22), Safe Kids Day with Water Bottle Giveaway ( 1st 1,000 fans ages 5-15) thanks to St. Lawrence Rehabilitation Center (June 23), Thunder T-Shirts (1st 1,500 fans ages 18+) in addition to Fireworks thanks to Mealey's Furniture (July 6) Boomer and Strike Salt & Pepper Shakers (1st 1,500 fans ages 6+) presented by the NJEA ( August 22) and Macy's Back To School Night (August 27).
The Thunder have also more awareness and theme nights to the schedule including Organ Donor Awareness (April 30), Lacrosse Day (June 9), Firefigher Appreciation Night (June 13), Law Enforcement Appreciation Day & Bike Day by Brian's Harley Davidson (June 23), Blind & Visually Impaired Awareness Night & Salvation Army Clothing Drive (July 18), German Heritage Night (July 30) and Jewish Heritage Night (August 1).
The 2013 home schedule will begin on Thursday, April 11 vs. Richmond. Tickets are on sale now online at trentonthunder.com, by phone, 609-394-3300 or in person at ARM & HAMMER Park.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 9, 2013
- Lambo Hits for Natural Cycle as Curve Rolls to 14-6 Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Lambo Joins Curve History Books with Franchise's First Cycle - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves Outduel Mets 2-1 - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Give Squirrels a Taste of Their Own Medicine, 8-7 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Rally to Ground Flying Squirrels - Bowie Baysox
- Early Offense Not Enough in B-Mets 2-1 Loss - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Bibens-Dirkx Shines, But Fisher Cats Fall 5-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Stevenson, Cotham Help Thunder Top Cats, 5-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats to Honor First Responders in Ceremony on Thursday for Home Opener - New Britain Rock Cats
- Tuesday's Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- B-Mets Game Notes: Binghamton Mets at Erie SeaWolves - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 9 vs. Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Honor over 1,200 Students for Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Hire Dennis Meehan as Executive Director of Ticket Sales - Portland Sea Dogs
- Additional Promotions Announced for 2013 Season - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Eastern League All-Star Classic Set for July 10 and 11
- Welcome North Open House Set for Tuesday, April 3
- Philadelphia and New York Police Departments Meet as Part of All-Star Classic at ARM & HAMMER Park
- Fox Sports 920 AM the Jersey Returns as Flagship Station for 2018 Season
- Aaron Judge Mini Bat, Pork Roll Celebration Night Highlight 2018 Promotional Schedule