Adames Hits for Cycle in 8-1 Win over Bisons
DURHAM, NC - Willy Adames hit for the first cycle in Durham Bulls Triple-A history Monday night at the DBAP, leading the Durham Bulls to an 8-1 victory over the Buffalo Bisons.
Leading 7-1 in the eighth inning, Adames followed Jake Bauers' first home run of the season with a home run of his own over the Blue Monster, capping a historic night for the shortstop. In addition to his solo blast, the 22-year-old doubled in the first inning, singled in the fifth, and tripled in the sixth. He finished the evening 4-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored, and extended his hitting streak to six games.
Lost in the offensive onslaught was the start of Forrest Snow (1-1), who earned the victory by allowing just one unearned run over six innings and striking out nine. Ryan Weber earned his first save of the campaign with three innings of shutout relief.
The Bulls got things started in the second inning when Brandon Snyder walked and later scored on an error. In the fifth the home side doubled its lead when Jason Coats' double scored Adames from first base. After the Bisons plated their lone run in the top of the sixth to cut the deficit to one, the Bulls widened the gap in the bottom of the frame on a solo homer from Snyder and a two-run triple from Adames.
The Bulls host the Bisons in the middle frame of the three-game set Tuesday night. RHP Jose Mujica (1-1, 4.61) is scheduled to make his fourth start of the season for Durham against RHP Chris Rowley (1-0, 0.00) for Buffalo. First pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 23, 2018
- Chiefs Lose Series Opener to Indians - Syracuse Mets
- Adames' Cycle Leads Durham Past Herd, 8-1 - Buffalo Bisons
- Wings, Stripers Split Twinbill - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats Drop Series Opener to Knights, 5-3 - Louisville Bats
- Clipping Columbus: Baby Bombers Win 9-0 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tides Take Opener 6-3 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Soroka's Shutout Highlights Split in Rochester - Gwinnett Stripers
- Tides Jump out Early, Hold off Lehigh Valley - Norfolk Tides
- Olt's Grand Slam Headlines Doubleheader Split - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Adames Hits for Cycle in 8-1 Win over Bisons - Durham Bulls
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (7-7) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (10-5) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: April 23 - Louisville Bats
- Bobbleheads Highlight Second Homestand - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs Look to Disrupt Norfolk Home Turf - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RHP Chris Beck's contract purchased by Chicago White Sox - Charlotte Knights
- Rafael Bautista Named I.L. Batter of the Week - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Durham (New Time: 6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Stellar Pitching and Defense Leads Clippers over Rochester in Rubber Match - Columbus Clippers
- Clippers Top Red Wings to Even Series at 1-1 - Columbus Clippers
- Rochester Sinks Clippers in Game One - Columbus Clippers
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- SWB RailRiders Homegrown Season Two Premiere Set for May 8 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls, Bisons Pushed up to 6:05 p.m. Monday Night - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Durham Bulls Stories
- Halloween-Themed Fall Fan Fest to be Held October 27
- DBAP to Host Hurricane Fundraiser, Championship Celebration Saturday
- Durham Falls in Triple-A National Championship Game
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Bulls Repeat as Governors' Cup Champions