Adam Brett Walker Named to All-Star Team; Peyton Gray Wins Relief Pitcher of the Year
The American Association released the Postseason All-Star Team roster on Thursday, as voted on by the league's managers, team executives, and media representatives. Two members of the Milwaukee Milkmen have been recognized -- outfielder Adam Brett Walker II and right-handed reliever Peyton Gray.
Walker, a Milwaukee native, took his game to a new level in 2020. During his second full season with the Milkmen, the right-handed power bat ascended to become one of the league's top offensive threats. In 56 games this summer, Walker has batted .273/.322/.620. He leads the American Association with 22 home runs (the same total he hit last year, but in 98 games) and 50 RBI, ranks second in slugging percentage, and is third in OPS. Walker was especially dangerous over the final 30 days of the season, batting .311 with an 1.124 OPS as the Milkmen charged to the top the standings and secured the #1 seed in the American Association Championship Series.
Gray was a rookie to the American Association this year after spending parts of two seasons in the Colorado Rockies organization. In his first year with the Milkmen, the 25 year old rose quickly from a start in middle relief to seizing the closer's role and has shut down opposing batters all summer long. Gray has appeared in 30 games and covered 32.0 innings without being charged with a single run. He has allowed only 10 hits and issued 14 walks while punching out 56 of the 113 batters that he's faced. Gray is third in the American Association with 14 saves.
Awards announcements for the American Association will continue in the coming days:
Player of the Year - Friday, Sept. 11
Manager of the Year - Monday, Sept. 14
Defensive Player of the Year - Tuesday, Sept. 15
Rookie of the Year - Tuesday, Sept. 15
Executive of the Year - Wednesday, Sept. 16
Playing Surface of the Year - Thursday, Sept. 17
Organization of the Year - October
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 10, 2020
- Adam Brett Walker Named to All-Star Team; Peyton Gray Wins Relief Pitcher of the Year - Milwaukee Milkmen
- RailCats Announce the Greens at the Steel Yard Event - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Three Birds Land Postseason All-Star Honors - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Drew Ward Named to 2020 All-Star Team - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Edwin Arroyo Earns First All-Star Selection - Chicago Dogs
- Devine Becomes Saints First Ever American Association Pitcher of the Year, Reynolds and Chinea Named Post-Season All-Stars - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Announces 2020 All-Star Team - AA
- Martin Voted Postseason All-Star - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Milkmen Secure First Place Going into Championship Series - Milwaukee Milkmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Milkmen Stories
- Milwaukee Milkmen Sign Right-Hander Nate Hadley
- Kansas City Royals Purchase Contract of Peyton Gray from Milwaukee Milkmen
- American Association to Become Partner League with Major League Baseball
- Heroic Effort from Holmberg Propels Milkmen to American Association Championship Series Victory
- Milkmen Fall to Canaries in Game Four, 5-3