Aces Tryout Camp A Success
Alexandria, LA; May 2, 2009 - The Alexandria Aces of Continental Baseball League (CBL) announced today that their 2009 open tryout camp was a success. 22 players in all participated in hopes of being invited to Spring Training with the Aces.
Four (4) players out of the 22 were invited to Spring Training which is slated to begin on Sunday, May 3rd with the first workout. The Aces will open the 2009 season against the South Louisiana Pipeliners on May 16th in Crowley, Louisiana.
Former ASH right-handed pitcher Trey Mayeux of Pineville, Louisiana along with two outfielders; Zach Staniewicz of South Carolina, DeMerrius Slocum of Baton Rouge, Louisiana; and infielder Berlon Brown, Jr. of Baldwin, Louisiana will all have a chance of earning a position on the Aces ball club through the 2009 Spring Training period.
The CBL enters its third season of offering professional baseball and welcomes the opportunity to bring the excitement and tradition of professional baseball to communities with a long-standing love affair with the Nation's favorite pastime. Every night, history is made in the CBL's ballparks in Texas cities, Houston, Texas City (Bay Area-Houston), Texarkana, and Alpine (Big Bend), Lafayette and Alexandria, Louisiana. Join us today for great professional baseball and a value-packed experience for fans, friends, and families!
• Discuss this story on the Continental Baseball League message board...
Continental Baseball League Stories from May 4, 2009
- Aces Tryout Camp A Success - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th