Aces Travel to Indiana Tuesday for 4 pm PT Tip against Fever
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Las Vegas continues its six-day, four game road swing Tuesday with a 4 pm PT tip against the Indiana Fever.
The Aces are 1-7 on the season, but have lost their last three games by just five, four and six points. The improvement for Las Vegas has come on the defensive end. After allowing three of the team's first four opponents to score 100 or more points and connect on 48.8 percent of their field goal attempts, the Aces have held their last four opponents to an average of 81.2 points, while holding them to 39.0 percent from the floor.
Leading rookie of the year candidate A'ja Wilson continues to lead Las Vegas' offense, averaging 20.4 points per game. That is the top scoring average among rookies, and fourth best in the league overall. She also leads the W in made free throws (7.4) and free throw attempts (9.6) per game. Should Wilson maintain those averages, she will break the league record for made free throws (Katie Smith 246 in 2001) and free-throw attempts (Angel McCoughtry, 287 in 2011) in a season.
Indiana (0-8) is still looking for its first win of the 2018 campaign, and is also led by a rookie- guard Kelsey Mitchell. The Ohio State graduate is averaging 19.4 points per game, and draining 41.3 percent of her threes. Candice Dupree is second on the team in scoring at 14.0 points per game, but she has missed the last two games with an injury.
The Fever are being outscored by an average of 9.4 points per game this season. They have the second lowest field goal percentage (.406) in the WNBA, and are allowing a league-high field goal percentage of 46.5.
Las Vegas continues its road trip on Wednesday with a 4 pm PT tip at New York.
Las Vegas tipped off its first season of WNBA competition in May of 2018. Playing at Mandalay Bay Events Center, the Aces are coached by legendary NBA player and WNBA head coach Bill Laimbeer. Tickets to Aces games may be purchased at LasVegasAces.com. For additional information about the Aces please visit LasVegasAces.com or follow on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 12, 2018
- Fever Rally Late to Force Overtime But Fall 101-92 to the Las Vegas Aces - Indiana Fever
- Chicago Sky Look to Finish West Coast Trip with Win in Seattle - Chicago Sky
- Rookie Diary: The Journey by Kia Nurse - New York Liberty
- Liberty Face Las Vegas in Midweek Meeting - New York Liberty
- Aces Travel to Indiana Tuesday for 4 pm PT Tip against Fever - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Get Double-Doubles from Wilson and Coffey, But Fall to Phoenix, 92-80
- Las Vegas Completes Road Trip with 77-67 Loss at Dallas
- Aces Activate Nia Coffey, Release Sequoia Holmes
- Bench Gives Aces Lift in 78-63 Road Win over New York
- Aces Travel to Indiana Tuesday for 4 pm PT Tip against Fever