Aces Ink All-Star Riquna Williams to Free Agent Deal
Las Vegas - Las Vegas Aces General Manager Dan Padover announced today that the team has signed All-Star guard Riquna (rih-QWAHN-uh) Williams as an unrestricted free agent.
"Riquna is a proven scorer in this league, and adds a great deal of depth to a roster that already had WNBA Championship aspirations," said Aces Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations Bill Laimbeer. "She brings an energy to the court whenever she enters a game, and has become a consistent threat from three-point range over the course of her career."
An eight-year WNBA veteran, Williams was named the league's Sixth Woman of the Year in 2013, and to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team in 2015, while a member of the Tulsa Shock. She was traded to the Los Angeles Sparks prior to the 2016 season, and over the last three years ranks fifth in the WNBA in three-point field goal percentage (.394, minimum 100 made threes).
"I want to thank Bill and Dan for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the Aces family," said Williams. "I am super excited to play for a coach like Bill because of his style and his history when it comes to the game. The Aces have a reputation as a great organization, and a roster full of amazing players that will allow me to continue to grow and learn as a player."
On September 8, 2013, the Miami alumna poured in what was then a WNBA record 51 points against the San Antonio Silver Stars. That record was later broken by current teammate Liz Cambage.
Through 200 regular season games, including 56 starts, the Florida native has averaged 10.9 points, 2.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.1 steals per game. Williams also has knocked down 35.8 percent of her three-pointers, and 86.1 percent of her free throws during her career.
During the 2020 season in the Wubble in Bradenton, Florida, Williams connected on a career-high 42.2 percent of her shots from long range.
She is currently playing for Ormanspor of the Turkish League (KBSL) where she is averaging 17.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 11, 2021
- Sparks Sign Former No. 2 Overall Pick Amanda Zahui B. - Los Angeles Sparks
- Aces Ink All-Star Riquna Williams to Free Agent Deal - Las Vegas Aces
- Storm Signs Stephanie Talbot, Tamera Young - Seattle Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Nike, WNBA Unveil New Uniform Collection for 2021
- Las Vegas Re-Signs Three-Time All-Star Center Liz Cambage
- Aces Acquire 2021 2nd Round Pick from Indiana in Exchange for Lindsay Allen & No. 24 Pick in 2021
- WNBA Approves Sale of Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis
- Aces Ink All-Star Riquna Williams to Free Agent Deal