A Chance for Dreams to Become Reality, Saints to Hold Open Tryouts May 3
ST. PAUL, MN - For many, the dream of taking the next step in their journey to the Major Leagues begins in St. Paul. A total of 118 players have donned a Saints uniform and had their contract purchased by a Major League organization with 21 of those, including current Washington Nationals pitcher Brandon Kintzler, reaching The Show. Those hoping to join that exclusive list will have an opportunity when the Saints hold their open tryouts.
On Thursday, May 3 the Saints will hold their annual open tryout at CHS Field, 360 Broadway St in Saint Paul. It's a free tryout and registration begins at 9:00 a.m. at the front gate of the ballpark located on Broadway St. The tryout begins at 10:00 a.m. Each person showing up should come baseball ready, in baseball attire, cleats, bring their own glove, and a wood bat for position players. All participants can showcase their talents at only one position.
Infielders will go through various defensive drills and show off their arms across the diamond. Outfielders will show their range and showcase their arm as well. All position players will have a chance to take a few swings.
Pitchers will throw bullpen sessions while catchers will get behind the dish and show their ability to block balls and throw out baserunners.
If the tryout is rained out it will be rescheduled for the next day, on Friday, May 6 at 10:00 a.m.
The Saints can carry a maximum of 28 players into spring training, and the roster maximum this season is 23 players.
For more information about the tryout contact the Saints at 651-644-6659 or visit saintsbaseball.com.
The Saints 2018 season begins on the road, Friday, May 18 with a 7:05 p.m. game against the Gary SouthShore Railcats. The home opener is Monday, May 21 at 3:05 p.m. against the leagues newest team, the Chicago Dogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from April 19, 2018
- A Chance for Dreams to Become Reality, Saints to Hold Open Tryouts May 3 - St. Paul Saints
- April 18th FanBags High School Challenge Games Postponed - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Paul Saints Stories
- All Bark and Even More Bite, Nittoli Dazzles in First Pro Start with 10 K's in Saints 5-1 Win over Dogs
- Five Run Fifth Propels Saints to Home Opener Victory, 6-4 over Dogs
- Yet Another Season Opening Series Win, Saints Take Down RailCats 4-3 in 11
- Staying Single, Saints Get First Win of Season with 8-3 Victory over RailCats
- Imperfect 10, Saints Doubled-Up by RailCats on Opening Night in 10-5 Loss