7th Annual Crosstown Showdown Postponed
LANSING, Mich. - The 7th annual Crosstown Showdown, presented by Auto-Owners Insurance, scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday, April 11th) at Cooley Law School Stadium has been postponed due to severe weather and field conditions, the Lansing Lugnuts announced this afternoon.
The annual battle between the Lugnuts and Michigan State Spartans will be rescheduled for Wednesday, May 1st, as a seven-inning game. All existing tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date. In addition, the Lugnuts will honor their new and improved Labatt Blue Light Thirsty Thursday promotion - including $1 beer and soda specials - on the rescheduled night as well.
Special Note: The Lugnuts' originally scheduled game against the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers on May 1st will now be played as part of a double-header on May 2nd.
Lansing will open their 18th season in the Midwest League this Friday, April 12th, against the South Bend Silver Hawks with a Freebie Friday, 2-for-1 food night. All fans who buy a hot dog, hamburger, pretzel, popcorn, waffle cone, sno cone or soda will receive one free.
Opening Weekend continues with a 2:05 p.m. start on Saturday followed by a doubleheader on Sunday beginning at 1:05 p.m. Sunday is a Kids Day with activities centered on the Lugnuts' youngest supporters. Kids Play Catch On The Field prior to the opener, and Kids Run The Bases following the second game.
Lugnuts tickets are available for purchase at lansinglugnuts.com and by calling 517-485-4500. Sign up for Lugnuts Alerts by texting LUGNUTS to 313131.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 10, 2013
- Offense Powers Hot Rods to Series Sweep of Lugnuts - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Holm's Four Hits Lead 'Caps to Comeback Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Whitecaps Sink TinCaps in Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits and Bees Series Finale Postponed - Quad Cities River Bandits
- 7th Annual Crosstown Showdown Postponed - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Rained-Out in South Bend Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels and Timber Rattlers Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Snappers, Chiefs Postponed Due to Rain in Peoria - Beloit Snappers
- Wednesday's Game Rained Out - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Lose Homestand Finale - Kane County Cougars
- Wednesday's Game Cancelled Due to Weather - Burlington Bees
- Dragons GameDay for April 10 - Dayton Dragons
- Wednesday's Loons Games Rained Out - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons on Television Thursday, Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Double Header Postponed on Wednesday - Lake County Captains
- What's Hot with the Dragons in 2013 - Dayton Dragons
- Wednesday's Timber Rattlers Doubleheader Postponed - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Game 6: TinCaps at West Michigan - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Break Bandits' Perfect Streak, 6-4 - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.