67's Third-Rounder Teddy Sawyer Officially Commits to Team
OTTAWA - The Ottawa 67's announced on Wednesday that Teddy Sawyer, their third-round pick, 62nd overall, in this year's OHL Priority Selection Draft, has committed to the team.
Sawyer, a 6-foot, 165-pound left-handed defenceman, most recently played for the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite U15 and U16 teams this past year, racking up 19 points in 51 total games in both age groups. The Lewis Centre, Pennsylvania native had three goals and 14 assists for 17 points in 20 games for the U15 team.
"Teddy is defender who is an excellent skater and plays an aggressive style. We are pleased that the Sawyers choose the 67's for the next phase of Teddy's development and we welcome them to the organization," said 67's General Manager James Boyd.
Sawyer is the fourth player from the 67's 2019 Draft Class to commit to the team, as top picks Jack Matier, Jack Beck and Brenden Sirizzotti all recently signed on with 67's.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2019
- O'Rourke Named to OHL Second All-Rookie Team - Soo Greyhounds
- Prospects Ready for Gold Cup - North Bay Battalion
- Wolves' Quinton Byfield named OHL Rookie of the Year - OHL
- Byfield Voted OHL Rookie of the Year - Sudbury Wolves
- 67's to Unveil Playoff Street Sign on Wednesday - Ottawa 67's
- 67's Third-Rounder Teddy Sawyer Officially Commits to Team - Ottawa 67's
- Kitchener Rangers Spring Camp Opens this Weekend - Kitchener Rangers
- Steve Bienkowski Named as One of the 2019 Waterloo Region Hall of Fame Inductees - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa 67's Stories
- 67's Game on Sunday Cancelled, Teddy Bear Toss Rescheduled
- Ottawa 67's 2019 Fourth Round Pick Ranvir Gill-Shane Commits to Club
- 67's Clinch Second Alexandra Cup Victory in as Many Years with Their Ninth Consecutive Win
- Andree Collects Shut out in Opening Game of the Battle of the Ottawa River
- 67's Marco Rossi Named OHL's Player of the Week